Hey old timers, favorite old timey strains?

Welcome Rick @Zippy !

Good ol’ Acapulco Gold was a favorite of mine back in the day.

I too have grown some recently

I’m not an old timer quite yet but my favorite “old timer” cultivars are definitely Hindu kush, Afghan kush, and purple Thai.

Don’t forget about amnesia Haze strain its awesome to

@Daddy1971 I like amnesia haze too but to he honest I prefer the purple Thai to it. On the other hand I definitely prefer their love child purple haze to both but wasn’t quite sure it fit with old time landraces. Lol

@MDBuds i haven’t tried them yet but I do love grape ape it’s one of my favorite i can toke on hoot get me just right where i want to be im more indica guy

1 Like

Colombian gold bud and Colombian red bud from the 70’s.

In mid 70’s I bought an ounce of pure gold colored buds. It was a one hitter and tasted and smelled like church incense. It was incredible.They guy told me it was Shiva.
Anybody ever heard of that?

One time I acquired a small bag of chocolate thai, never to be seen again. Just like northern lights, skunk, and many other mother strains. I strive to try all the auto strains of the originals I can get…but also the photos as I am expanding my horizons.

I have been growing mostly landrace outside with mixed results. It’s fun! Still looking for the plant that I can let go wild. Toss seeds around the meadows to see if it takes. I’m going to try a Nepalese that is adapted to cold rainy climate, that should do well here in New England.

You know I have a foggy recollection of stuff I used to buy. It seems to me that the weed seemed to have a lot of the leaves as part of the package. I dont ever remember finding a “bud” in my bag but I still got a damn good high. I just wonder how much things have changed or evolved over time.