Help with new plant turning yellow

Hey guys, i have a brand new Critical Kush plant in need of some help.

I have used a Jiffy pallet to germinate and transplanted that right into the final big pot, but the leaves are kind of yellow so i am thinking something is not 100%.

The soil is 50/50 perlite and i have fed her the first serving of nutrients recently (BIO-GROW).

As you can see, the small leaves on the bottom are completely yellow while the bigger leaves are mostly green but still not perfect, should i change something or just keep waiting?

Also, the plant is stuck on that size for a couple of weeks now, that is probably because it is using its strengths to grow some good roots but i thought i mention that.

3 Likes

Hey there… little suggestions that may help…

Too early to be feeding anything. Shes burning and stems turning purple. It’s stunted and likely barely has any root growth.

I suggest no nutes and only Rh and foliage water until she’s on at least 2nd set true leaves…then water small ring around plant but don’t wet the stem at the soil.

This is generally what a seedling should look like at day 7

Good luck with your grow!

1 Like

Geez if that should be day 7 there is something REALLY wrong with mine which is in day 30 and still looking like that.

Could i be watering too much? What else can i do? I only fed her nutrients once thinking it would help, but i am watering her daily since the pot is huge and the soil on the outer areas of the pot is still kind of dry…

1 Like

Let it dry out… I can see by your perlite that the top is staying too wet. Just light foliage spray your water until she gets Her roots back.

You can make a light mixup… Very light. Maybe a little blend of root wise and cow cal 40 to get some calcium in her so she can up take. Later you can add silica or aloe. Again, very small micro doses.

Btw… not trying to be short answered. I’m just mobile so a bit limited.

1 Like

Thanks man, i appreciate the help!

For how long would you let it dry out? What are the signs i will be looking for before i start watering again?

1 Like

Foliar water fine mist till you see the color start to come back or just put her right by a humidifier. Little water ring about an inch away from the stem when it drys out with water or you can add a little microbial support to get it going around the root mass. Very thin circle and let it seep to the roots. Personally, I drop another bean if you have one because it’s going to blow right past that one most likely

1 Like

Thanks for the advice. I will have to work on this one and make sure it thrives because i live in a country where even buying seeds is illegal, and since my tent only fits one plant at the time this is the one right now, hahaha.

I really hope she can recover from my mistakes…

Man, i am following your advice for 6 days now but everything looks kind of the same. Would you continue with this strategy for a few more days?

Also, when would you expect to start seeing improvements? I am just worried that she may not be able to recover from whatever happened to her roots :frowning:

1 Like

It can take forever with a seedling with damaged roots. That’s why I would plant another just in case if you had the seed.

But if you have to make it work it could take a couple weeks to start getting tiny new growth from the roots. Eventually she’ll do it

1 Like

Cool i will keep trying until it succeeds or dies.

Question though, would you just keep spraying water gently every day? Or pour some circles around it moving forward?

Hi mate. It would suggest as the above stated and allow for a good dry back to help those roots set in, until the roots have established themselves enough you’ll see little growth and improvements I would advise a good few days possibly around 4/5 until the weight of the pots are lighter before feeding again.

Soil needs a wet dry cycle between irrigations in order to replenish the oxygen at the rootzone, if you don’t allow for the drybacks between your roots will have a hard time filling out the pots and ultimately will be stunted.

I wouldn’t spray the plants daily anymore just make sure that your VPD levels are in the correct ranges for each stage of growth. You want around a 0.8ksp currently so in would recommend temperature between 26-28 and a relative humidity around 70/75% percent until they have established themselves, then you can increase it to 1.0 and maintain this level until start of flower. Move your hygrometer away from the sides of the pots and dangle it just above canopy height to get a more accurate reading as being that close to the wet substrate might be giving you a false RH reading due to the moisture evaporating against and into the sensor holes on the back.

Also it would check your PPFD levels you should be aiming for around 250/300 at this early stage and increase as it progresses throughout veg topping out at 500-600 PPFD

Hope some of this can help resolve your issues, anymore informations such as what kind of soil is used and your typical watering routine as-well as temps, rh etc would help diagnosis the issue further🙏🏼