Help Peyote Gorilla Randomly Drooping

Hey guys very happy to be here. I need some assistance yesterday my peyote gorilla suddenly started dropping and I have no idea why the fabric feels very heavy and there’s a little fan at bottom of it to aid in the pots drying out

Hello…
If it’s heavier than usual it’s probably overwatering. Elevating your planter off the floor to help with the drainage and drying out the soil. Sometimes the leaves naturally droop down after normal watering and will look normal after 4-8 hours.
What do you have for environmental controls? Heater, humidifier etc…?

1 Like

For now it’s just fans and an ac unit the temps usually stay between 75-70 f and humidity between 55-60% I’m using two vivosun s3000 300w lights at 75%

I forgot to say also that underwatering can cause the same symptoms. Do you think its overwatered? What’s your watering routine for that plant? In a 5 gal fabric pot I would usually wait until the top inch or more was dry before watering with also feeling the weight before and after watering to get an idea of how dry the soil was. Then I’d use about 1/2 gal to water and it might be 2 days before watering again.

I am more under the impression that it may be root rot. I’m wondering whether to remove the plant to check and re transfer

Here’s a video that might help.

The pot looks quite dry. A plant in flower should be having the whole container water to 5% run off.

If you’re still watering in a ring around the perimeter of the plant the feeder roots will be dried up. If it was overwatered and root rotted then id just chop it and free up some space for the others but that’s just me.

Also make sure your water is free of chlorine and that plant did not have a bad reaction to it.

Also, check you plants for powdery mold. They look sick.

2 Likes

Thanks a million but the tree ended up dying

2 Likes