Help needed please?

Please forgive me for posting this as my issue isn’t related to plants from your seeds, however, I’m also not keen to go join other forums either. If this is unwelcome, please delete and no hard feelings.

Where I live, the water is normally completely okay on it’s own for the beginning stages, right up to a week before everyone wants to flower (based on last experience). This old Yeller in the back has been giving me a run for my money the last two days. Here is my problem, sometimes I forget to write things down and I may have stratified with a layer of cardboard, a layer of sand, a layer of soil, and coco in between. I have dug around a bit, and everything is broken down now, so I can’t be sure. (I’ve started documenting with camera and journal).

I have added calmag to water, along with Canna Coco A & B. Ingoing PPM 500, outgoing 250. They seemed happy, turned green. Great. So repeated. Then not so great about two hours later. Flushed out with plain distilled water. All started turning green again. All happy. They seemed a bit thirsty before lights out, plain water again. This morning, it’s starting all over again. What the eff. I’m aggravated because I’m pretty good at figuring stuff out on my own. I’m missing something and it’s hidden in between the very fine line between starvation and overabundance. I do know at this point I don’t want to pull them out. My first instinct is to top them. I’m okay with waiting for regrowth as I’m not in any hurry. I also like to test things most people aren’t comfortable with and I’m trying my hand at companion planting methods.

Strain is SSSD reg. In my head, I’m thinking Tulsi Basil and Cannabis are cousins and I sowed too many seeds of basil and now they are competing for food. I think I may remove some basil, they are more forgiving, I just hate wasting live plants. Has anyone else run into this problem? If so, what is your suggestion?

Google Photos

3 Likes

they look great actually! do you test the ph of your water? the ph runoff from the container that there in? aslong as their is atleast 6 notes i would say go ahead and top away happy growing!

2 Likes

I think the camera filtered out the yellow on it’s own. I topped her. Between that picture this morning and now she grew up to the light. I’m making more space. Do you think I should just keep flushing her out?

I actually forgot to check pH. I’ll do that in a bit. Thank you for the reminder.

Some ppl go 2 weeks before harvest just give the plants distilled water to rinse all the nutrients and salts out of the plant and roots. Helps with the flavor of the bud. On the second part I have no idea what the metered anything would be. Have a nice day.

1 Like

How do you know if there is a nitrogen deficiency? What are the signs of it?

Your leaves will start turning yellow. Older leaes turning first. Best of luck

1 Like

Look y’all flushing is bro science and has no true scientific basis. All you are doing is stripping the soil and forcing the plant to eat itself. Save yourself some grief if using salt derived nutrients feed normal to middle of wk7 of flower then only give pure water with low rates of calmag until harvest. The calmag into ro with set the ph of water into the proper range for soil. Also minimize your runoff to as little as possible during the last weeks. The plants will thank you and your wallet will thank you

6 Likes

Well, here is today’s view. I ended up cutting her back, now I’ll wait. Everyone is a little stressed still, but settling in. I moved them around and installed a new light, which I will have to re-position because I don’t understand why my hubs installed the way he did.

Google Photos

2 Likes

My outdoor grown plant is in the flowering stage (beginning, sort of) and now suddenly leaves are turning yellow, some with yellow and brown. I’m not sure what to do!! Any help??? Thank you, in advance!!

1 Like

I’m just learning soil base myself. If it were coco, I’d say they are probably hungry since more energy is required to produce all the buds. But, you are using soil, right?

Pictures if you can, they help tremendously. What zone are you in, and what has been you recent (weekly) weather. Also what growing medium, soil, coco etc.

2 Likes

I live in Kansas, which means lots of varying weather conditions. Some rain, lots of wind, hot, humid…I planted in Miracle Gro Soil. It had been doing terrific but the last 10 day (I was out of town so friend watered?) while gone for 6 of those days.

2 Likes

Yes, I used Miracle Gro in the pot from start to now.

1 Like

This is just my personal opinion, and we all know about those…I would remove her from the Miracle grow and replace it with something similar to Fox Farm or Happy Frog. I can tell you to go grab all the fancy soil meters and such, but I like to go by energy and she’s had too much to eat at first glance. It’s my understanding that brand of soil isn’t the best for for a lot of plants and I know I wouldn’t use it on my medicinal flowers and herbs (it has never been recommended in my educational journey up to now). They carry too many unknown nutrients that aren’t natural. However, you may find someone who has had great success using Miracle Grow, it just depends on what you are comfortable with.

If you are going to fix it, try to turn her to the side to gently remove, keep some of the soil with her, replace what’s in the pot with new recommended recipe of soil (check the forums here, too). Water just a little, not enough to drain out at first. Give her a few days to get through the shock, see how you are then. I’d defoliate those lower branches, too, to help recovery with some good air flow.

Thank you SO much Kimberly! Your opinion is MUCH better than my just knowing not what to do at all! Yes, I want to save my plant, as I’ve come this far and it’s done so great…until recently. I would be heartbroken if it were to up and die. Originally I was growing for my best friend to help her with her cancer but she passed last month. Now…I will find others who can use it, as well. Have to try it, don’tchaknow? hahahaha Thank you, again!

3 Likes

You’re welcome. Happy to help. :slight_smile:

1 Like

My plants are both doing fine now! Thank you all for your input! One thing I think helped was…we’re going through some thunderstorms here and I laid a metal rod across both stems for 2 days. The electricity from the lightning is supposed to help tomato plants with cages, so I used the pole to see if it would help my plants. IT DID!!! They’re flowering so nicely now and no more yellow or brown edges!

3 Likes

Hello- I’m just learning. I’ve got 3 plants. Two are doing great, one not so much. PH, moisture all the same. I do fertilize and use a coca pearl soil. Lower SW Michigan. Temps are getting cooler and harvest is just Weeks away. Should I be concerned with this one plant? Smaller one is the problem

!

1 Like

@Klemmra they look happy to me :hugs: and Welcome to HGForum

Thank you. The one is a lighter green where the other’s are a deep green. I’m ready for harvest and happy times soon!

1 Like