Help I can’t identify the problem

This is a gelato cookie kush auto flower 1 week into veg from early veg

Growing in organic super soil and only watering with R.O. water nothing else

This is started a couple days can’t figure out what the problem is. Feed back would be appreciated thank you grow community

Light is 22 inches away it’s a vipaspector 1500x at 75% power

Maybe some kind of deficiency??

1 Like

The tips look fine, it can be a sign that your VPD is running high - if you can bring the RH up or your air speed down it can help. This time of year for me is “drier than a popcorn fart”. But the burnt tips or the high VPD ultimately won’t hurt the plant, it’s just not optimal.

What concerns me a little more is some of the light coloration between the veins of a few of the leaves. When I see that I’ll water the next time or 2 with cal mag.

In your case though, using the RO water, Id also want to check the pH of the soil. The mineral content of water has a lot to do with its ability to hold a stable pH.

@Noddykitty knows a ton on the subject and he can probably also tell you if I’m way off in my suggestion.

2 Likes

Is there any brand or product or way I can add cal mag organically?? I want to grow the 100 organic and natural method preferably much appreciated !

1 Like

The cal-mag I use is OMRI listed. I’m pretty sure it’s horse pee. :rofl: I hear you on not wanting to use the bottles though. I also grow in a living soil -ish system with organic amendments, no bottles (other than the cal mag). Oyster shells, and crab meal are some good sources of calcium but it’s not a quick fix, it has to be broken down.

2 Likes

What brand is that ?

1 Like

Well, I was mistaken. I’ve been using Botanicare brand but I don’t see the OMRI label. Looks like Fox Farm has one.

2 Likes

:v::laughing: Horse Pee? LMAO!! Always used Lemon Juice. Two drops a gallon, if I’m using Distilled Water. Two drops brings 7.2 water down to 6.4 … What vitamins and minerals are in lemon juice??

In addition to vitamin C, lemons also contain other important nutrients: fructose, fibre, potassium, calcium, magnesium and copper, as well as vitamins B1, B2, B6, folate and pantothenic acid.20211108_000734

3 Likes

I agree. I will use orange peals and break them up in roughly 1 sq in. and start with three pieces for 5 gallon and two pieces for a 3 gallon, especially helpful for alkaline medium. Over night it dropped one of my girls from 8.8 PH to 6.5. I am a new year though so input welcomed. Nice to meet you guys.

1 Like

What nutrients are you using? What feeding schedule? This is obviously tip burn from too much nitrogen.

1 Like

No nutrients just Oregon organic living soil and feed when the soil become dry but not over water

1 Like

@Cannaman22 :v: Good to meet you to

Good to meet everyone. I am here to learn from experienced growers.

2 Likes