Help! Fungus gnats

When you use de you let your topsoil completely dry, sprinkle lighley around plant, ball up tp and dust the fans, leave 72 hours give a light flush check ph and your good, i cured a major case of thrips with de, it will kill any pest organicley and cheaply pronto but your right you have to use it correctly. Look at this, i found a bean on floor, auto beans cost $20+, so i tranplanted it into miricle grow bc could not get ffof came out better then expected but dont know what she is.

2 Likes

I swear by de. I use in my indoor and my outdoor and have never had a problem. Just st be smart about it and Don’t just dump it on and it will work great.

3 Likes

It also can act as a mineral source

2 Likes

So I see all these growers who are using things like DE, home made solutions (acids / sugars / )…all taking chances with damaging their soil, environment, plants, even themselves…
Is there a bad connotation that comes from all the new Organic formulas that kill off the bugs selectively without harming the grower, their plants, the environment? Is it a $$ thing? Maybe everyone thinks they are gimmicks? Snake oil?
Inquiring minds want to know

1 Like

I’m an absolute rookie to growing indoors. And probably an outdoor rookie to most here but… there’s a whole world of non toxic inexpensive remedies out there for EVERYTHING these days. Just have to commit to a little education and energy.
I’m not trying to condemn or preach here… but of all the people I’d expect to be teaching for safe, natural, and healthy choices… it would be recreational and medicinal growers of weed.
Hell, I’ll get off my high horse and go tend to my crop lol.

3 Likes

For me it’s just one of those things that works for me. So if something is not broke, I usually do not try an fix it. Communication with your ladies is crucial. They will tell me if they don’t like something and then and only then will I change my strategy. Much love!!

2 Likes

I encourage more people to learn the language. It will change the way you garden. It’s an amazing thing

3 Likes

Did you know that Florida has banned 3x neem oil…a broad spectrum Fungicide, Insecticide and Miticide
Consumers, distributors and pesticide applicators are advised to cease the sale and use of Triple Action Neem Oil
Serious side effects can happen within hours after taking neem oil. These serious side effects include vomiting, diarrhea, drowsiness, blood disorders, seizures, loss of consciousness, coma, brain disorders, and death

So you have to take BIG precautions, not use in late flower or on the buds…
Why would you NOT go with the safe simple measures, just becasue you think it works / have had success with it before?

I am just trying to understand…this is not an attack on your preferences

2 Likes

@Mrb53004 Which neem oil company? Hopefully its OMRI…, maybe I should of stated to get an omri listed Neem oil…, Neem seed meal even better… Neem has been used for centuries. Suggest not spraying it on flowering plants of course., yet it potentially could be done to save a crop, then you’d have to wash the flower before the drying process…, hopefully your not drinking the neem and wearing a mask when applying it…:sunglasses:, also when you spray it make sure it’s right b4 lights are off or very first thing in the morning…, would also apply it in a diluted amount. If it dont work can go other routes, so many natural pesticides in your spice rack you may not even realize it. :sunglasses:, If nobody has noticed I edit alot… as to make sure I dont send any falsified info in the airwaves…:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Southern Ag…
For as much as you tout the benefits, you also touch on some the problems, and now toxicity to add.
That is what makes me wonder why someone would use a product like this, over an organic non-gmo, no residue, safe product.
Neem has been used for centuries…so has edible oils…as valuable as gold to ancient societies…
The problem is when big business gets in there and starts to produce the product. Oils used to be pressed…only pressed. Now, the process by which edible oils are REFINED, make them poison…No different on ancient remedies that came from nature, not a processing plant…

1 Like

@Mrb53004 Not sure on the problems your saying on toxicity of omri listed organic cold pressed neem oil?, since its biodegradable and non-toxic!, but southern ag on the other hand is derived differently, would not suggest southern ag…:sunglasses:… I think your talking about ingesting it? Do not ingest neem…, as you wouldn’t ingest bone meal…:sunglasses:, yet it is used has been used in Ayurveda folk medicine since potentially prehistoric times…#BEWATER

1 Like

@Barron start BTi treating your soil at least two weeks prior to planting or transplanting. follow the easy instructions video, just type: Pretty in Green BTi Internet_20210907_120745_3 20210907_120825

1 Like