Help bud rot has shown up

Checked on the ladies this morning. Looks like Bud rot to me. Do I need to take this branch down? Before it gets worse. In week seven of flower, supposed to be eight to ten flower stage.

1 Like

Trichomes still clear

Sure looks like it , start cutting off the bad branches and watch it very close. You might get more each day untill you have to decide to try and salvage some before it’s actually ready, or sacrifice the whole plant

1 Like

Took that branch down. Still, it cleaned up and is hanging in the back room.

I cut just below the rot you will still get some Bud clean scissors between cuts if you have more than one branch that needs trimmed Bud rot sucks!! Caterpillar poop… Good luck with the rest

3 Likes

Pinch it off and move on

2 Likes

Thank you guys, being a newby I was a little shook. Did what was reccomended above, there is alot of good bud left, here in week 8 of flower.

Trust me when I say cut it and run. keep it separate from any other plants. I lost 2 huge plants last year from bud rot. I, like you was waiting for the buds to finish and in one weekend it was all over. Take what you have and dry it.
How do I add pics to threads?

1 Like

@bigbud I have been thinking that. I want as much as I can get, with potency. Some is curing that I cut off 10 days ago. Gonna smoke it and see what I got. One more bud loss and I think I may take your advice on the cut and run. Thanks for your input.

Just be careful, I worked a 3 day shift and what was one plant with some it became both plants top to bottom. Plants could’ve made high times

2 Likes

@bigbud I cut them both down this morning. More bud rot was apparent while I was trimming. Probably saved alot by harvesting early. Trichomes were many cloudy mostly clear. We’ll see how it smokes.

I’m still happy for my first effort.

3 Likes

Nice crop. You probably id save it. No bud rot yet this year, I am crossing fingers. Enjoy the smoke.

2 Likes

I found some bud rot on one of my OG Cush plants I just pulled off the bad part. I’ll check it again today , if I need to I’ll cut the branch off . I usually find some every year it doesn’t seem to matter if I’m growing some indica or sativa . After it rains I go shake them to get the excess water off the buds . Thinking about it now, this time of year I should probably shake them every morning there’s a heavy dew .

3 Likes

I wound up with eight large mason jars of buds. I just jarred them last night. I used my back bedroom for drying. Probably dried too fast, cut down Sunday, stem snaps last night. All night in the jars now reading 55 percent on the hydrometers. I’ll sniff check them for a few days, but going straight to storage/curing.

1 Like

Smoked some of the early picked stuff. Shit, it is good!

2 Likes

If it’s good now it’ll be even better after its been cured. From what I’ve read it can take 3 to 10 days before it’s dry enough to jar depending on heat and humidity where you live . If it’s over dried you can still get a good cure it just takes longer . There are packets you can buy to help add moisture , I usually just cut some pieces of thicker branches and put them in the jars.
I ended up cutting off the one branch that had some rot , no big deal . One the bright side after checking the trics I only have about 2 weeks or less before harvest .

@Steve thanks man! All is good now here on the Redneck Riviera. Got my own LA (lower alabama) Homegrown. Some that I jared on the 6th (small) is smoking well…

If you’re growing outdoors, mix half whole milk and half water. Spray your plants after removing the rotted parts. No need to take the whole bud,just remove all the rotted part. I know you’re probably.thinking it won’t work,but I have never found anything better . Use it once a week until harvest . It’s good for them in so many ways. I learned this from a guy that had been growing for 50 years.

1 Like