Heating my Grow Tent in Ohio

She’s beautiful and lifting off nicely. Your emergency heat issue may have actually been a great lesson, huh? I love how our Mother does that.

So true!! She’s going to be huge. Added that SCROG,

this morning,

She refused to be tied down :rofl::rofl:

Will continue to prune & try to keep her height down.

Great day to you all

2 Likes

Hey @Adcrag. I’m in Ohio as well, but don’t have the temp issues you’re speaking of (I’m near Cleveland). My basement is heated via 4 ducts from the main furnace, but the basement is also 2200 square feet and never gets below 65, even with the heat off. The only thing I’ve noticed is that the floor gets a bit colder than normal, so I put some foam mats down which isolates the plant from the concrete.

You may just need to employ yo-yos with her. Are you familiar?

Hey @Bill I’m near ya. Unfortunately, my girls on the non-tenant side, but she’s warm now, humidity is low, gonna but wet towel in there.

Anyway what is yoyo??

2 Likes

Something like this. YoYo

Very cool @Adcrag. I keep humidity up by using empty coffee cans filled with water. If things get dry, I just add coffee cans - too wet, and I close them up with their lids. I do this throughout the grow, flower, and drying processes. Easy way to regulate humidity as the amount of water put into the air has a direct relation to the exposed surface area of the moisture source. Opening/closing lids changes that surface area, regulating the amount of moisture put into the air. Of course there are other considerations that affect moisture transfer into the air such as temperature and current humidity level.

And that yoyo thing is an interesting gadget. I use alligator clips and twist tie wire, allowing me to clip anywhere on just about anything, as well as pull in any direction. Twist tie wire comes in 100m spools so it can be cut to length as needed. Approx $15 for 100 35mm alligator clips and 100m spool of twist tie wire. That’s what I use to keep plants where I want/need them. Also, using floral wire to train the branches, etc while they’re vegging is another thing I’ve been trying. Need to be careful with this technique as the wire can damage the plant or keep it from growing.

You can also use any kind of string/twine that you may prefer instead of the twist tie wire. Personally, I like the wire as it’s easy to “twist” it at the length, loop size, etc that is needed (there’s a bit more “fussing” with strings as they need to be tied and can’t be “formed” the way wire can).

3 Likes

Nice! Thanks for the tips. The one drawback to the yoyo is that it snaps back quickly and can take a branch with it if fast/hard enough. Your design sounds way better and more controlled.

1 Like

just learned something new! ty got that link

1 Like

Just to clarify for me, you are saying you DID get the link or are you asking me for it?

1 Like

it worked for me. Thank you Kindly

1 Like

You’re welcome. Inserting other random verbiage here so this will pass the ‘reply’ test.

That’s awesome :clap: your a pro