Grow room smell leaking

Just a drop of info make of it what you will. Air ros advertizes a system to eliminate oder and mold in a room. Smallest unit was like 4500 dollers way pricey but I dont know your situation. If you have the $ you might look into it. As a side note they were saying it killed virasis also.

1 Like

Hi! Where have you been hiding? Hope all is well!

1 Like

Work work work 12 hrs a day and a couple hours on the road and another couple with the girls. Sleep and repeat.

girls are starting to bloom.

2 Likes

They look absolutely stunning as usual. Glad to see you! Can I send you some vitamins or anything?

1 Like

Ok so you need to take the next step. Ozone. You can get small ozone machines off Amazon for 30-50$. Research it as it can be harmful. I use it for my hunting clothes/equipment, sterilizing face mask/cell phones, cleaning food thatā€™s fresh out the garden etc. I also used I for odor control before in stealth grows. It actually DESTROYS the odor molecules not just filter them out. They also make smaller ones for your car. It works, period. I can get to within feet of deer without them smelling me.

In the past we would set up a separate ā€œair lockā€ in front of the tent that we and all the air had to pass thru, using plastic sheets. Set the ozone machine up in it. Used a timer to run the machine a set amount of time to produce the correct amount of ozone.

I dont know if you need to keep it stealth or not. But having a set of clothing or suit to wear in the grow is DEFINITELY a good idea for more than just smell.

You will also need to add a filter on the output of the AC unit along with the input of it.

Less than $10 on Amazon

dispossable

I also use a small ozone generator for my hunting clothes, & yes it does work. I know your are not supposed to hang out too long in an area with it running, as it dries out mucus membranes? But i was wondering if it would cause harm to plants?

1 Like

I dont know, never used it directly around the plants, just as a secondary air cleaner for the odor after it was extracted from the grow. I would think it would harmful to the plant.

1 Like

I am not sure about its effects on plants but I have heard that An ozone generator is a device designed to produce the gas ozone . Ozone is used effectively in water purification, but ozone in air must reach high levels to remove air pollutants. ā€¦ Ozone also masks the odour of some pollutants by impairing a personā€™s sense of smellā€¦IMPAIRS OUR SENSE OF SMELL, not eliminate the odor. Not sure if this is a true statement

1 Like

We use ozone at work to sanitize work surfaces. At a level high enough to eliminate grow room odors you would definitely be in danger. As far as a decontamination chamber for treating the air before it leaves the room that might be possible. I work in a high ozone environment often having to stop and air it out becuse people are having breathing difficulties and I can still smell the chicken we are processing.

1 Like

Ugh. That is so bad for YOU. We work off of a vacuum system, too. Thatā€™s distressing to hear.

Not so bad just have to stay on top of things is all.

1 Like

my ozone generator makes the room smell like the air outside just before a major snowfall or rain downpour ā€œif that makes any senseā€? My hunting clothes smell the same way when i take them out of my closet & they stay that way for several hours & deer seem to get much closer to you without being alarmed. I have never tried it to get rid of strong odors, not willing to risk on my health or my plants thoughā€¦

As I said we always used it in a lung chamber to treat the air after it exited the grow and before it went out to the ā€œgeneral publicā€ so to speak. To sanitize it has to be around 40ppm in the air and 30ppm in water according to the specs we were given in commercial kitchens when we used it for food sanitation. In property recovery (fire/flood/mold) they shoot for 100ppm in the air if not higher for odor removal. To get you ppm look at the machine and see what it puts out per hour and go from there.

Again I would suspect it would be harmful to your plants to apply it directly, so you would need to find an alternative solution.

1 Like