Grow kits, getting started

I’ve been struggling with all the info out there on where to start. I’ve been looking at the AC Infinity 2x4 grow kit. Is this a good place to start? Will this suffice from start to finish as far as the light goes and everything else? Or would piecing my own"kit" together be a better option. Any help would be appreciated. Experience level indoor is 0. I’ve done maybe three outdoor grows basically letting nature do everything. so little experience there as well.

2 Likes

Also the kit I’m looking at includes a 200W full-spectrum grow light with Samsung LM301B. Is this light sufficient to grow from start to finish. Thanks!

1 Like

@MBSGROW hello I can tell you that I have a 2‘ x 2‘ AC infinity complete grow tent. It is large enough for one plant in a 5 gallon pot or as I have two plants in 3 gallon pots. I think it’s a great choice for a beginner in that the components are plugged into a universal controller that allows you to truly monitor all the parameters. The kit will have everything you need short of soil and nutrients. You can download the app to your phone and monitor and change parameters whenever you need to. I also wound up buying a second 6 inch recirculation fan for inside the tent. The 2 x 2 kit only comes with one fan. I’m not sure if the 2‘ x 4‘ comes with a second fan or not. But they were only 30 bucks on the website and they plug right into that same controller.

I also know that if you look on Amazon other companies have complete grow kits that are probably comparable in cost.

I hope that helps please let me know if you have any more questions.

2 Likes

In addition I would also like to say that the controller is the best part of the system. Being able to see everything in one app and set schedules or timers or any other thing you want to set is really a good thing especially if you’re a beginner. It will even notify you on your phone whenever somethings out of range like in temperature or humidity.

I know if you purchase another brand off Amazon or something it may not have a integrated controller like the AC infinity does which may be something to consider.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info man. As far as the light goes do you start and finish in the 2x2?

1 Like

@MBSGROW I’ve had the tent for about a year now and this is my first cannabis grow, however I’ve had 2 rounds of hydroponic tomatoes in that tent with that light in it has performed very well

1 Like

I don’t have the AC Infinity light, but everything I have read, and the single piece of AC Infinity gear I own says they aren’t bullshipping when they spec the light. If they say it will, it will.

2 Likes

Sweet! Thanks appreciate it.

@MBSGROW you can’t really go wrong with ac infinity. They’re quality products for the price. What I personally call a proper value.

If you’re buying the 2x4 kit directly from ac infinity the new lights they’re coming out with are supposed to be decent and in a 2x4 you can grow 2-4 decent plants depending on pot size.

2 Likes