Grove bags for cure/storage

Got my last harvest dried and trimmed. Decided to use the grove bags this time as my Mason jars are too valuable here on the homestead. 3 blueberry×big devil, 1 gold leaf and 2 sour pinot×watermelon, all autoflower. Avg of 3.5 oz off each plant.

6 Likes

@Rye Dang that looks so tasty i better go get a buzz :v:

3 Likes

I got a gold leaf from MDBuds…what is it like? It just popped so I am at the start line. Today was transplant day…got 21 plants in their containers…19 auto (10 GSC for a scrog out of 1 gal containers). 2 Frankenstein, 7 assorted, 2 photo - Jamaican, Acapulco Gold, Harvested GSC, Tangerine -trimmed and hung to dry…Waiting on Bruce, Pineapple, GG4, Alaskan Purp, more tangy, G13. AK47
My reveg’s are coming up nice - GDP and Bubba Kush photo’s
TENT IS FULL!!!

6 Likes

Well, what’s for breakfast? :heart_eyes: Ha! I like those bags. I’m fretting about jars.

2 Likes

The gold leaf is very pungent, medicinal strength antiseptic smell, literally similar to listerine. Havent smoked it yet. Well I smoked a mix batch of the small buds from all the plants. It was KILLA. knocked the wife OUT, like Mike Tyson.

6 Likes

LOL…sounds like quite a buffet!

1 Like

I would like to revive this topic for the title.
There have been a few posts scattered on this product, and I would like to learn more from the forum.
Under ‘Longterm’ @Caregiver bought a 'bunch last October
Under ‘Helpp…’ @kyleW and @HansGruber weighed in and more recently
Under ‘Burping and curing’ the product comes up again.
I have taken the plunge as turkey bag burping is not fun.
And jars can’t handle the volume…as Rye’s 1st image shows.
Anyway, I may have jumped the gun on trimming as the last batch is 70%rh in the bag. I am propping the bag open in the dry room (65º/67%rh) and letting them air a bit until rh comes down to the 58-62 range the bags are meant to sustain. I will let the next batch dry a bit more before I trim & bag.
Any thoughts on my methodology or any other ideas?
I am also looking forward to any other input on Grove Bags, Thanx

That’s only a pound of weed and from the looks of it not well trimmed (above pictured), really depends on your space etc. I have just harvested a 9 oz auto, the second I have to trim yet before yield but will be much lower maybe 3 or 4, and on the way I have another 9 or 10 oz auto drying atm. Well over a pound plus the 16 oz I already have…it is all in jars but I like to go by the oz. as I also discard my extra in ways we don’t talk about. All about space and what you want to do with it and how…to each his own. A year or two from now I may go with these bags, but atm I am not moving weight like that just having fun competing with the influx from other states and winning!!!

as far as my opinion on them, I will do a bit more research and give you a more informed answer as far as that goes

Thanx HG, depending how this cure goes I may be back to jars next year as well!
Once cured though I will probably store in jars.
My 1st phase is 6 plants stabilized at 59-64%
The next 4 are at 65-70% so I am propping them open to circulate (a burp?).
I also flipped the bags which are stored flat, so the moisture doesn’t settle.
Tomorrow, I may stand them up for the ‘burp’

I wanted to update anyone interested in my Grovebag experiment.
2 months after harvest I have become a believer.
While intrigued by the benefits I was doubting the claims.
BURPLESS CURING!..It’s Twue, It’s Twue!
8 varieties in 24 bags harvested from 10/29 thru 11/23; Imagine that burp schedule, yikes!
With a Boveda Bag in place, the Rh stayed stable (58-64%).
And by checking the progress every couple of days the buds got tumbled in the process.
Use these with confidence, I’m sold!
(I do not work in the industry, nor am I compensated by any entity for my review)

1 Like