Grape Ape Hermi Seed Grow

Just planted 3 seeds today. Tap roots got a little longer that I prefer as I had to wait for a new bag of Happy Frog to arrive.

All 3 seeds are random picked from a surplus of seeds from a Hermi Grape Ape grow. I know the discussions about doing this but thought it would be a cool experiment to see if they hermi again or not and how they do overall. All 3 sprouted fast using the paper towel method. I baggie that and place in a warm dark place. 3 days was all it took. I was surprised all 3 germinated.

I plan on growing in 12/12 light start to finish also. Would expect to see flower in 8 weeks. I did this once before with good results. Should be a fun grow.

3 Likes

1/0 2 out of 3 are above ground. 3rd is cracking the surface.

1 Like

3/0 all 3 have broke ground now. May have to help #3 removing the shell.

1 Like

Day 5. 12 hrs light for the whole grow. The fast grow I flipped the light at 6 weeks. Lets see if they flower at about the same time. Probably post once a week or as things happen for a while.

All 3 are doing good. I picked the seed pod off the 3 one and it ls leafing out now.

1 Like

Day 12 A week has gone by and all 3 are looking good. Just got a full water 2 days ago.

2 Likes

Day 18. All 3 are looking good and growing like weeds. Transplant possible in a week or less. Still running lights 12/12.

1 Like

Day 23. Just transplanted today. Going to LST one of them. Happy Frog and some mycorrhizae. Lights are turned up full now on a 12hr schedule.

1 Like

Day 28. All three did not miss a step after transplant. All 3 are a foot tall now. Still applying last to one.

1 Like

33 days. All 3 are in a big stretch and in flower already. This grow will be interesting to see how fast to harvest. All 3 are female so no males from the seed.

2 Likes

37 days. The short one broke her lst tie. The middle one straightened up on her own. Going to be a lighter harvest compared to parents but this grow is on a different schedule.

1 Like

41 days today. The tall plants are 24". The short one is growing the best main cola. All 3 are a nice color and starting to smell good. No signs of parental traits.

1 Like

45 days all are looking good. Buds are developing good.

1 Like

48 days Things are getting frosty. Will start feeding Tiger bloom soon.

1 Like

52 days. Gave all 3 their first Tiger Bloom. Lets see how big I can get the buds. The short one has a nice thick cola. Expect harvest in 5 or 6 weeks.

1 Like

are you against training , topping and such?

Not against it. This is an experiment using see from hermit grape ape seed running on nothing but 12/12 light cycle. I have so much weed now I can play a little. Amazing the seed has did much better than I have read.

1 Like

sorry mate. my bad. didn’t read the 1st. looks nice indeed :metal:

55 days. Some fan leaves changing color which is normal to me do to the length of time in flower. All buds look nice and frosty with no hermi signs.

1 Like

60 days. Just a quick update in pics. All are doing fine yet.

1 Like

66 days. Made a last batch of Tiger Bloom and fed today. Am plesantly surprised how good this grow went on questioned seeds.

2 Likes