Getting excited!

Congratulations and sir if it was me I think you have a week or two. I use a loop a larger one about a inch diameter looking for the tricromes. I want to see about 60 percent to be cloudy and then it’s off to the race. You are doing great with this beautiful plant. Hope this helps you.

1 Like

Surprising how the buds at the top can look so ripe, but the ones at the bottom…not so much. At least they both seem to have cloudy trichomes…so two days of no water, then it’s off to the dark room for 2 days, then drying & curing! I’m getting so excited to sample this!!

7 Likes

I just did some trimming today and thinning out of the under buds and did a test smoke and mine is getting pretty good so I’d imagine by the looks of yours they’re going to be pretty awesome also. There’s got to be a little bud in there you can Pull to give it a try and make room for a bigger buds LOL

3 Likes

I have been so tempted…but how do you dry out a bud so quickly in order to smoke it?

1 Like

Water cure…google it or someone here may know how. Betcha MDBuds does!
Also, you can trim it and dry it in the microwave but it will be nothing like what your cure will be
I do cold water cure but usually over a week. I do that for my trim before I get it ready for decarb and cooking

There are some sights but they are from seed sights and no linking allowed from here

During water curing, cannabis buds are submerged for a relatively short period of time. What starts off as clear drinking water quickly fills up with chlorophyll, sugars, and other potentially irritating chemicals
Instead of relying on the plant to digest the remaining nutes, you use water to dissolve them. If take some weed and soak it in a bunch of water. Nutrients are basically salts, and sugars are sugar. Sugar and salt dissolve well in water. THC and the resin glands don’t dissolve in water. Water works faster than digestion, so water curing is a great way to cure in a rush.

Normally, you water cure in sealed jars. Take a glass jar, like the kind you use for jar curing. Fill it with water and bud then close it tight. Change the water once a day for 3-5 days then strain out the water. Dry in a typical fashion (being extra careful about mold, since any lingering water droplets can increase the chance of contamination). That’s it! It takes 5 to 8 days, which is a lot better than the 10 to 18 days normal curing takes.

This method leaves your bud with very little taste or smell. It tastes flat, not even grassy. The smoke has very little smell and is not discernibly marijuana. And, it’s smoootthhhh. Like Belvedere vodka…little flavor so you can have some at lunch and no one will notice.

so get on your google and read…please

3 Likes

I just hang them in the drying closet for a day or two. They are not harsh at all. @kris you can lay it on top of your light and it will dry fast,just keep an eye on it!

1 Like

Wow! Thank you for all that information…and how interesting. What an interesting process that I’ve never heard of. I will have to try that at some point, especially since you mentioned how smooth it is. Belvedere, Gray Goose…both a couple of my favorites :slight_smile:

Thank you! I was hoping there would be some sort of quick way to be able to sample them. I figure since it’s’ just a day away from putting in the dark room I could take a bud or several off for quicker drying. At this late stage of the game how much could it hurt an auto :slight_smile:

You can yank a bud or 2, and just trim off all the leaves, dry it and smoke it

1 Like

Yeah, I just wasn’t sure about how to do it quickly without hurting any of the THC. I did put a bud in the drying tent…as DMT suggested. Hoping to test it in a couple days :slight_smile: