Gallons Vs Litres! What’s the deal

Hello All, I feel kinda stupid for asking this but I’m sure my google searches are confusing me more than enlightening me. I’m in the UK, all the info regarding pot sizing and measurements on YT are in Gallons. I’m assuming both the Canadian and American content creators are working with US Gallons? If anyone can help it would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance and Happy growing!

1 Like

@ChronicCowboy420 try this converter on your computer…I have used it for years and shared in this forum previously
http://www.ppe.com/convert.htm

2 Likes

Canadians are wannabe Americans. :grin: (kidding!)

I’m certain their YT content creators who use gallons are thinking about their US audiences. Those are liquid gallons, nobody knows what a dry gallon is.

So, conversion factors are:

1 liter = 0.264 us liquid gallon
1 us liquid gallon = 3.785 liters

2 Likes

Unless you’re measuring rocket fuel, a liter is close enough to a US quart, or one quarter of a 128 ounce gallon to think of it that way. Us old Americans grew up with ounces and pints and quarts and gallons. They went and screwed it up about the time I was legal to buy a pint of gin. It wasn’t no 500 ml, it was a bleeding pint. First time I ever drove to Montreal, I was all sorts of screwed up trying to buy gasoline. That 390-4bbl wasn’t fussy, but liquid worked a bunch better than fumes. Now how much can I get for $10? No, I spoke no French. Lol

1 Like

@ChronicCowboy420 that’s funny grow brother because back in the U.S.A. sixties around Woodstock times. when i popped my first seed we we’re going. “Liter? who thinks like that” :v::laughing: Merry Christmas and i still think they’re trying to fididdle us into confuddlement or something b.s. like that

2 Likes

Smashed it brother! Thank you very much​:pray::cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes