Full water and nutes? Good to go?

1st grow, autos, three weeks in. Plants seem so incredibly small (compared to so many I see here), but I don’t know. They’re about 2.5 to 3 inches tall. We planted in end containers on 3/1. I’ve only been watering around the plant base a few ounces of H2O, but they use the water in less than a day.

So, when do I do a full water? Center pour and some around edges? Want to give some seedling nutes 1/2 strength. Should I do that with the first full water? Help @MDBuds @Highwayman @DollarBill @Daddy1971

And I’m too hot at 78 - 82 right?

1 Like

I’d go a full 2 cups in circle around the plants, see how they like that and add more if needed. Just don’t splash the leaves lol.

1 Like

Hey @GrnyGrows , what type of soil are you using? Are there nutes in it already?

If not, maybe 1/4 strength to start, see how they react.

2 Likes

@GrnyGrows water them babies tell use your soil again sorry yes and light feedings work your way up as @spudgunner and @Highwayman said

2 Likes

@GrnyGrows water in a circle around the outside leaves to send out the roots and stop watering around the stem for now. Once the leaves reach the edge of the pot you can start saturating the whole pot and cycling wet to dry.

1 Like

I grow in happy frog and have yet to feed any nutes in my 5th week. HF is good for 5 to 6 weeks. Ocean Forest is hotter and harder in seedlings.

1 Like

You’re the bomb. I know all of this but seem to get my head in a mess. Perfect info, as always. I’m using FFOF with a well of FFHF around the pod… per your suggestion. Can I start giving some nutes at say 50% of recommended on package. I’m have Homegrown standard nutes. I was thinking the seedling nutes might boost my plants. Or is the OF hot enough? So many schools of thought.

That’s why I put a well of HF in the pot around the peat pods so they could go though some less intense soil before hitting the OF. Have you thought of mixing half HF with half OF and pearlite? I have another grow starting. Thinking of using some HF alone in a few and mix in others and then comparing results.

1 Like

Using FFOF – with a well of HF around the initial seedling pods. I know OF is hot, some I’m leary of nutes? But my water has no TDS – 23 ppm. So, I didn’t know if feeding would help. Afraid of burn or lock out.

@GrnyGrows Just water for now. You only transplanted them a week ago in fresh soil, there will be nutes in there for the next 4 or 5 weeks. They will let you know when they are hungry.

1 Like

@GrnyGrows the FFOF and FFHF will suffice without extra nutrients for a good month easy. Autos in organic soil like FFOF and FFHF usually take longer to flower too that I’ve noticed. I compared coco hydro, soil, and dwc. The organic soil grown autos always flowered later than the coco and dwc. I’m not sure why but I’ll be experimenting with it more to figure it out.

I think it might be the extra nutrients so the ruderalis autoflower genes don’t activate until the nutrients start to run out where as in hydro systems there’s usually always that one flush day between res changes or nutrient schedule changes that will starve the plant and activate them. Pretty sure this is because most landrace autoflowers/ruderalis come from places with poor soil that have high mineral content.

1 Like

Grab some growers choice recharge and kick your soil life into second gear seems spendy but trust me it’s the real deal no stoner magic sauce…

1 Like