Flower time question

When the description of the homegrown sees says flower time 6 to 8 weeks or 10 to 12 weeks what is that exactly does that mean on an auto flower that is when the flowers start to emerge, or with a photo. When you switched from 12 to 12? At first I thought it was from sprout to finish but I’m finding out that that’s not the case can somebody please elaborate on this because I’m still a little confused. Thank you for your help.

1 Like

Those numbers don’t mean anything. They are provided by the breeder who is working under perfect conditions and knows the plant through and through. I would say to add 2-3 weeks to those numbers.
Those numbers are from the point where your plants goes from veg into flower.

2 Likes

With a photo, when you flip the light to 12/12, there is a 2 week pre-flower transition period. Then you start counting the weeks from there.
With an auto, it’s not when you see the first pistils, it’s when the little buttons or hedgehogs appear.
And with both, add 2 weeks to their perfect environment conditions. They shorten their times to make their seeds/strain sound faster than others’ and what you and I can achieve.
Happy growing!

4 Likes

“the little buttons or hedgehogs”

First I’ve heard this. What exactly is it?

When they sorta look like this (not my pic!)

2 Likes

Mine is doing that now. Day 28 of veg. It’s the white hairs that become pistils?

The white hairs ARE pistils! They come out of the calyx. Get enough calyces together and it’s called a bud!

2 Likes

Leave your lights on 24.7/
Autos will Finnish up like that takes less time then on a 12/12

1 Like

This is a White Widow Autoflower. It produces FAST.

It’s on an 18/6 light schedule to boost it.

I have a DoSiDo Fem beside it. My first photo grow.

1 Like

I’m on my first indoor photo grow I’m used to auto flowers its different ball game

2 Likes

I have found that after even the smallest amount of stress that most of my plants go 16 weeks and still show little signs of turning amber…but it also depends on the cultivar and the strain. Autos are a crapshoot unless you can find a good cultivar. But even the best seem like crapshots anymore…Inflation in sales means more money less attention to detail

1 Like

I love growing autos man iv had few didn’t do as good. But most of them.always produced. For me.got use to growing them now.I went to photos that’s different ball game many ways