First timer Trim and Dry Question

I just dried and trimmed my first plant. Auto flower Jack Herer x Blueberry. It was spongy but not wet at all so I went for it. There are a lot of orange hairs. Is that ok? I trimmed all the sugar leaves off and put in a jar. Here is a picture…

Thank you !!

Kevin

2 Likes

Kevin you have a great looking bud. And it sounds like you know that a mason jar is a great way to cure your buds. I never put my buds in plastic. The jars keep the smell in and the tricromes in tact and the storage is much better. Stay safe and grow happy Robert.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum @KJBiko My first grow was the Jack Herer x Blueberry auto as well. Along with a White Widow. To compare the two the Blueberry jack was super fluffy and hard to trim. While the WW was super dense and simple to trim. My advice with the Blueberry Jack is to trim the fan leaves as much as possible and roll with it. Its not a very big yielder so try not to over trim. Hope this helps and Happy Growing

3 Likes

@KJBiko i love smoking bud like yours, it reminds me of the Best of the Old Days Weed. Beautiful Taste hec we only have to Satisfy our own Weed Hogging Self and KJ yours looks sticky just like it should.

i always chop off some :relieved: Good to meet you

3 Likes

Yeah Mon ! It’s really fun. I have another Jack Blue that I planted at the same time that is still not ready to harvest… pretty close though.
I got just shy on 1 oz off my first plant. That sound about right ?

2 Likes

Here’s a pic of my Blueberry jack @DollarBill

3 Likes

@KJBiko i got 62 grams from mine and about 30gs of shake

1 Like

@KJBiko @2Grow4Love man alive HGCC has created Show Your Dreams with this Forum. you two and all i’ve seen here pump out some beautiful weed? Ever Notice how every color of the Rainbow comes by way of Bud Pics. Now that Arizona is Recreational we’ll grow the greenhouse, it has slide down tops to have daylight sun. There we have plenty of room and one year had six colors in four corners. it was so cool and Killer too

2 Likes

@2Grow4Love hey bro, do you mind if i download that tall bud pic? wife would like it on her phone screen for a while as she likes to change colors for the seasons

@DollarBill most definitely. No problems at all with that!

1 Like

@2Grow4Love Dont :desert_island: Bogart that hahahahaha i ain’t going to sing here. When i’m toasted before bed i have to make up my own words. Goodnight Woohoo when i layed down my head it went :laughing: Spinnnnnnn

3 Likes

that looks awesome. You got double the yield I did. I am growing in a small indoor tent so that limited its size for sure I bet. Although the one I am about to harvest is quite a bit larger so we’ll see. That tall pic is bad ass. They sent me some Gelato seeds too I’m going to try those next. Thanks for the commentary !

3 Likes

Hi everyone, hope you & your families are well. Question, when do I weigh my yield?? It’s in curing jar th 57% * smelling more like bud; hay smell almost gone.

Have great evening

1 Like

@adcrag I like to do dry weight and cure weight. So I weigh once after hang dry and then again after cure once RH is stable inside of the jar.

1 Like

So I have 1.07 oz of bud & 1.3 oz trim. It smells glorious.

Plan to make butter​:yum::yum:

1 Like

@Adcrag that’s a decent yield for your first auto. A lot of people barely get an ounce.

Really, I thank you & everyone on the fourm. Gonna snag a bud & enjoy while my Browns :football: play!!

2 Likes

Wish I could do the same while I watch my Ravens beat your Browns, lol. Unfortunately I’m at work.

Well @moab1179, I’m sorry you’re still at work!! Pretty decent game so far. Just tried my 1st harvest WW auto. Got 1.03 oz & it smoked really good.

Browns gonna win though

Safe travels home from work. Go Browns

1 Like

Thanx, I’m currently growing WW auto now. Bout to fire up some fire OG