First time grower with a few questions

Ok I will give it a watch.

1 Like

@Mackerel that’s cool courtney, you can click on and look at all your pics like a share and they look real nice

2 Likes

I really like your lst pics you shared. At what point do I want to consider starting lst.

1 Like

I watched the video, I think I will wait till I grow photos before I attempt those techniques, but I think I can handle the lst with these autos lol.

1 Like

All the fancy techniques are great, but since there are risks involved, it’s important the practitioner of the advanced techniques have the ability to quickly identify and respond to irregularities that occur. The constant questions of course “did I cause this? What do I do now?” the inexperienced will be in trouble.

Someone said the goal of your first grow should be don’t kill the plants, and learn to read watering needs.
Second grow learn to manage nutes. If using already amended soil such as Fox farms, it’s a matter of adding liquid additives to your water as directed. The nutrients are added to the water.

Third grow learn to play with light and manipulation of flower sites on your plant.

Light intensity and color and distance are hard numbers. Pro outfits use light meters and so on. Fortunately major maker lights have been evaluated and the numbers can be found. Once you’re sure you’ve got good lights, you’ll learn about how much is enough, etc.

Somewhere around that part of your education you will play with bending over plants etc.

Watch Kyle do chiropractic to understand how to bend and not break stems, etc.

There is another vid about tying down a plant without using a net. Find and watch it.

2 Likes

@Northcountryguy said it right…you must first crawl, then walk then run past everyone

4 Likes

@Mackerel @retiredoldguy @Northcountryguy it’s like Bear Hunting in Tennis Shoes. if i miss the shot, all i have to do is Outrun the guys in boots :wink:

2 Likes

The chiropractic work is truly amazing. All of the colas on plants I did it daily to are strong and vertical, not to mention larger. The colas on the ones I didn’t do are all sagging and have to be supported. The Bruce Almighty really shows a difference. The Harley’s it didn’t show as difference but they do stand tall. Topping and LST made for lots more colas than the plant I did nothing to but love.

4 Likes

6 Likes

@Kojak ain’t nothing like growing bud :laughing: can you imagine those scientists that get all excited over a hybrid corn cob plant

4 Likes

Lol that’s funny @DollarBill just like weather guys get big hard you know what over big storm

1 Like

Good morning everyone. One of the hardest part of growing for me is patience lol. I’m always anxious to do something. Well with that being said I started to lst my 1st plant which is 18 days above ground. I have no clue as to what I’m doing or if I should even be doing this at this point but I’m learning and expecting something to grow wrong so I can learn from it. But so far so good. Am I on the right track. My next plant I think I will let get taller before I mess with it as the node spacing is tight.
This is Mary lst last night

This is Jane

2 Likes

@Mackerel you did good…

3 Likes

Thanks I’m really nervous lol

1 Like

What’s funny is they are supposed to be the same strain but the look so different, one leaves are way bigger than the other.

1 Like

@Mackerel yea they all grow differently…being small scale you learn to make the most of what each one has to offer…the last 2 years I have learned soooo much about a plant I have been growing for over 40 years, mostly because now that I am retired I can devote time to the grow and the science behind it.

2 Likes

Thanks and I appreciate all the help from you guys. If you look at the 2nd set of pics I’m not sure how to tackle lst on it as it’s has so much more body than the first plant.

1 Like

@Mackerel maybe try a different technique on that one…I personally only do the ‘lollypop’ or what I like to call it ‘bouquet’ way.

2 Likes

Oh ok sounds good. I will keep an eye on it and see how it goes.

2 Likes

@CurrDogg420 how’s it going man. I hoping since you said nothing all looks good lol. Hope you having a great day

2 Likes