First time grower with a few questions

I literally just watched this video earlier today. So I’m really new to this growing and all these things. So with that said is this something to look into or is this really outdated info.

1 Like

I had downloaded an app called photone, thought I would play with it. No clue what it does really but I guess it doesn’t hurt to see what’s it about. Any thoughts

2 Likes

Without trying to teach or even learn about the photo spectrum needs of plants, just know this, anyone who “decided” how things are three or more years ago, hadn’t got a clue. I’m in the middle of crop three using a modern, dimmable LED, SF1000, a cool running, only 100w power consumed, does it all, end to end light. It’s all you need for the typical 2x2 tent, and can be daisy chained using one control, should you upgrade the tent size later.
Five years ago, such a light simply didn’t exist. Then again, we didn’t have cars with LED headlights then either. We do now.

3 Likes

Dude, you are talking about frequencies. I’m talking about penetration. The sun can deliver the same amount of sunlight to the bottom of the plant as the top. This is penetration. Please don’t say the plants leaves get in the way, omg.

Yes, LED lights are evolving. Are they ready for a comparison to the sun? NO. lol.

1 Like

If you rely on faulty data, you are gonna get into trouble.
Um, and how much did u pay for photone? You get what you pay for :-).

2 Likes

I don’t even know who dude is. He came in the post very aggressive, I just laugh and left him alone.

2 Likes

I’m sorry about that @Mackerel. That’s the best advice I’ve seen yet. :v:

Hopefully this is all helping. :rofl: I can tell you’re the type who does your homework anyway. Don’t just take our word for it, look it up and figure out if it’s right for your situation.

3 Likes

I use 20 30w LED grow lamps (10 are more UV spectrum, 10 are more IR spectrum, all have green )in my 10x8 grow room… My gurls have flourished… I’m just a 33 yr Electrician pothead though, not a Botanist.

2 Likes

I’m more on a very small scale lol. Just doing 2 at a time, I only have a 3x3x6 for now.

1 Like

One thing I can say, the manufacturers for the lights know their shit. I fiddled around a bit with the photone app thing and based on where there manufacturer says to hang light and the intensity they provided lines up with what the meter is reading… it says I’m good where I’m at and gives you help with each week of the growstage.

4 Likes

CurrDog420, I get it -This is your domain lmao. You’re the expert, buddy (eyes looking up).
Wow, I was just gonna stop researching and learning altogether. But not anymore just because you said so. I am so grateful for you advise.

1 Like

My turn to apologize for kicking over the puke bucket. I made reference to LED technology moving right along, such that LEDs are even used as car headlights these days. They’re not your 1980s keychain LEDs, and shouldn’t be pooh poohed in favor of outdated tech. And for that, at the ripe old age of sixty five, earned me a “Dude” from some unknown goofball. Allrighteethen.

2 Likes

@Northcountryguy I wasn’t referring to you

1 Like

Nor I to you. Ah, the things that happen.

1 Like

Ok no worries sir. :+1:

1 Like

I think my babies are doing good. The one on the left is about a week and the one on the right is going on 5 days. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

4 Likes

You growing in the cups or you going to transplant them to bigger pots

2 Likes

I’m going to transplant them into 2 gallon fabric pots over the weekend @Daddy1971

1 Like

Good deal they will love it happy growing

2 Likes

Thanks. I’m a little skeptical about the transplant don’t want to mess things up but I think I can handle it. I will definitely post pics when it’s done.

2 Likes