First time grow outdoors

I have a vegetable garden. 50’x20’. I’m gonna plant some ladies this year. How far apart should I plant? I inherited my parents house and I know all the neighbors. Neighbors wont be a problem.

3 Likes

Neighbors might not be a problem but they always talk. If the neighbors know sooner or later someone will know you dont want to.

4 Likes

That plants will be blocked by tomatoes. My cherry tomatoes get 13’ tall. And they’re all older. I talked to everyone and they know I smoke.

2 Likes

Do you live in a legal state? If so you can always put a dog out there or an electric fence any number of ways to keep it safe kind of. But if they want your grow they’re going to find a way in. Just be careful

2 Likes

@DDDDave
forgetting about legality, how far apart you plant depends on strains. If you are growing Auto periods, you can put them 1.5-2 feet apart. If they are Photo period, you will get much more vegetative growth so you want a 5’ circle around the plant. That makes it a minimum of 2.5 - 3 feet apart. Indica’s will get bushier, so you want the 3’ distance, Sativa’s are lankier so 2.5’ id OK. I grow mine outside in a garden. I also gorw in containers, 10L and 13L. The 13L for Indica, 10L for Sativa and autos in the garden with my veg gy ta bles…4 syllables there, I have some I Tal E an in there. I have even gone as close as 1 ft apart for certain auto, especially those that are sativa dominant

5 Likes

@Mrb53004 thank you. How do I deal with the PH of rain water. I also was gonna mine my holes with FFOF. I know growing in a tent you have way more control. Any advice would help. Thanks.

Me and my niece both have medical cards and she lives with me. Allowed 5 plants per card. I’m not worried about ppl stealing them. I have a Ring in the front of my house and in the back.

2 Likes

And I’m gonna do photos outside and autos in a tent.

2 Likes

Do not concern yourself about when it rains for PH, only if you are collecting rainwater in a barrel. Soil has a marvelous way of correcting Ph all by itself. Rainwater is usually around 5.6 unless it is ACID RAIN. We have no control over that except to have a good soil (compost, groundcover, nutrients, tilling, crop rotations, etc.)

6 Likes

For outside grows. Do you still too and FIM? Or just let them go?

I Uber train outdoors for PHOTO plants, just minor stuff for the auto’s, like lst

2 Likes