First grow setup

Hi everyone. I’m looking to start my very first grow but need some advice. I have been looking at the ac infinity grow tent kit but I really like the mars hydro grow lights so i was also considering completely customizing the tent. I know my first grow isn’t going to be perfect but I certainly don’t plan to half ass it either I want to get the most out of my first grow as possible. I’d like to hear from fellow newbies and experienced growers what would you recommend for a grow tent setup? Specifically a 3x3 or 4x4. I’m willing to spend the money on the best quality equipment to ensure a quality crop so please don’t hesitate to recommend any pricy products either.

1 Like

Good day! I’ll try and give some input on your request.
I am on my 3rd grow, so I guess you can say I’m limited experienced beginner.
I purchased the AC Infinity kit with a 2x2x4 tent. There customer service is great. I had trouble with there controller and had to get it replaced 3 times. They ship from the west coast so it kind of sucks living on the easy coast having to wait. I’ve also had to replace the oscillating fan 3 times as well. That being said it’s nice having the controller to monitor humidity and temp.
I found the tent to be rather small, except if you want to try a micro grow. I started my first grow with 2 autos which soon outgrew the tent. During the grow I purchase a 28"x28"×63" Mars Hydro tent. I like having the taller tent to have more room for the plant. Just as a note… I only grow one plant at a time. So my 28x28x60" tent is perfect for that.
I ran into leaves yellowing during my first grow. My local grow shop recommended using a filter for water and adding calmag along with checking ph. I’ll included some photos of some of the things I use.
AC Infinity also has a line of humidifiers. I picked up there smallest one and it helped to regulate the humidity. I think they are currently sold out.
Another good item is a ceramic heater. I’ll add a pic of that as well. I ended up placing it outside my tent on high and adjusting the heat by pointing it at the air intake. If it gets too hot I slightly turn it away from the air intake.
My first grow was in a 5 gallon fabric pot. 2nd grow I tried growing a purple kush photo in a one gallon fabric pot. I followed instructions for a micro grow. Now on my 3rd grow I have a photo grandmommy purple in a three gallon fabric pot.
I also use Nature’s Living Soil. So far all my grow have been great using that product.
So that’s my 2 cents…
Hope it helps!
Happy growing!

2 Likes

Buy the best your budget allows and the biggest tent you have space for. The ACI Kit is great… Don’t hesitate to buy from them. Another great 4x4 is Gorilla. If you have the ceiling space go with gorilla and get the height extender. Also get high cfm kit for trellising if you’re running fotos. Both are solid tents but gorilla is better imo.

Id probably go ACI inlines with carbon filters for exhaust/intake and pick up 4-6 6" clip on oscillating fans from them as well. Obviously get their controller also to automate everything.

After that the most important piece of set up is lighting. Lots of options but id want something full adjustable and programmable… Preferably full and separate control over RWB… The one reason I would not buy the kit is I would want a different light than what they offer. So id piece it together.

Next is type of growing… Organic? Foto’s or Autos? The growing medium, food, containers, watering methods and such should be determined as this really where you will succeed or fail.

Depending on your climate, the only other thing you may need is a humidifier or dehumidifier (other than ratchet hooks, zip ties, and stuff like that)

Thanks for the input. Im gonna be going with photos and for my medium i decided on coco. Do you recommend any specific lights for a 4x4? also if you’re experienced with coco do you have a brand you like and a specific brand of nutes?