FIRST GROW :) I’d love some advice!

Hey Homegrown Community! I’m almost in week 4 of my first grow ever and I would love some thoughts!
I know I’m not far in, but any insight/advice would be greatly appreciated! I’m growing 4 cultivars, 6 plants in total.

[x2 Sticky Ricky(Moon Mountain Kush x Black
Afghan)]
[x2 Runtz]
[x1 Spicy Guava(Chili Verde x RS11)]
[x1 Jack Herer Auto]

I’m growing in an AC INFINITY 4x4 with a 400 watt ion board LED. 2 isolating fans, and an inline 6 fan with a carbon filter.

I germinated my seeds using the paper towel method then planted them in Happy Frog soil by Fox Farm in solo cups. Watering them every 2-3 days for 3 weeks, then transplanted them into 1 gallon pots, the medium I used during transplant consisted of Happy Frog, Gaia Greens 4-4-4, Worm Castings, and then some Great White mycorrhizae in and around the hole where I placed the root ball. It’s been 3 days since transplant.

(Because I’m a new to the forum, I can’t upload more than one photo, so I made a collage, and yes, both the Runtz are in the same pot…)

Your plants look great.

I’ve been reluctant to plant two in one pot. I would be afraid of overcrowding.

But overall pretty solid start…rock on

1 Like

Thank you!! Let me start off by saying 2 months ago I didn’t have the slightest clue about growing. I planted those 2 in the same pot because at the start of germination, I had little hope of success. Once I saw that every seed germinated successfully, I figured, why not plant a pair together in the same pot and see what happens. :man_shrugging:t2:

They will grow ok. They will probably be smaller due to competition for water and nutrients.
I would be interested to see how they do!
Your equipment is solid too.
I had a critical once that was very stubborn and almost gave up on it a couple different times. Turned out to be some pretty darn good smoke.
That’s the bottom line…:v:t4:

1 Like

Hey Homegrown Community! Your setup looks solid. The 400-watt LED should work well in your 4x4 space. Make sure your fans are keeping airflow and temperatures in check. Water every 2-3 days, and monitor soil moisture to avoid over or under-watering. Your soil mix with Happy Frog and amendments should support healthy growth. After transplanting, ensure stability to minimize shock.

For quality accessories and tools, check out Get Glass Distribution. Happy growing!

1 Like

Right on! I’ll be sure to share their progress! Happy Growing!

Thank you so much for your insight! Happy Growing!

As a beginner, the best advice I can give is to do as little as possible. Let the plants tell you what they want. Enthusiasm can lead to seriously over doing it. After a few grows get under your belt, you will have a lot better feel for things and can easily modify your growing techniques.
Remember to always love your plants and be thankful for what they are doing for you. :sunny:

1 Like