First grow ever, are my plants stretching too much?

1st grow, going completely organic.I am vegging indoor and then flowering outdoor due to space.

Running Skunk #1 and blue dream from homegrowncannabisco

Are my plants stretching too much? Should I transplant to larger pots before going outdoors for flower?

I know I have way too many for the 5x5 I currently have, but I’m working with what I have.

2 Likes

Looking good to me, keep it up, I would move outside to acclimate before repotting. The stress of repotting and change of in/outside at the same time might slow them down.

4 Likes

Sounds good, thanks man. Cooler Temps outdoor here, I couldn’t flower indoor without an a/c on constantly, and electricity is 55c a kw here.

How long do you think I should veg before flipping outdoor?

The photoperiod of the sun will determine when they flip, unless you artificially deprive them of light for 12 hours a day.

1 Like

I live where the sun currently rises at 6:02am and sets at 6:43pm so almost 12/12, later in the year it goes back to 12/12 perfectly.

1 Like

Your out door time is? Question is are they going to flip to flower due to the light outside vs what your doing inside? If there is a chance they will flip to Flower transplant now would be my advice. Because you don’t want to interrupt the change which comes with Rapid root growth to go along with the pre flower stretch. :yin_yang:

2 Likes

So the plants will begin to change to flower unless you add light artificially as soon as they are Mature enough to do so.

1 Like

Once outdoor here they should go into flower relatively quickly, that’s why I’m wondering when I should transplant, or how big they should be before I go outdoor 12/12

1 Like

Me I would go with a min of 5 gal, transplant now, are you considering the end of your out door season? You want to have enough time for your genetics to finish before it gets too cold if that even happens where your located

I’m in the virgin Islands, so no worries there, it drops to 86⁰ and about 65% winter time, I feel like those are a lot better Temps then the current 95⁰ 76% humidity outside right now. I just transplanted from half gallons to 2 gallons, so how long do you recommend before transplanting again into 5 gallons? I may even go with 10 or 15 gallons, I want some monsters to maintain??

1 Like

Ah we have simular problems then! I’m in Mexico below the Gulf about 1 hr inland wet & dry seasons always hot! I used lights from my terrace to add artificial light to keep my out door GG in Veg longer then eliminated the extra light & she went into flower check me out

All Dunn bubba cheesecake etcetc next OG kush

1 Like

And I have 12 in. 4x4 no use a flood table u have more room for pots :v:

1 Like

I lived in St Croix for a year, 89-90, post hurricane Hugo. Every green leaf was blown away, 185 mph salt blast. I used to ride up the hill from near Columbus landing, toward peppertree, riding a Honda scooter. The Ras living in the bush had the first weed post hurricane, would’ve been about February. You could smell ripe bud riding past at low speed. I’m thinking you could almost throw the seeds out the window and have weed in a few months, lol. There are mountaintop herb crops in Jamaica that are always there, self perpetuating. You couldn’t build better weather.

1 Like

I live in Maine and been growing for a decade or more led a decade ahh hid B4 couple out doors but mostly inns

1 Like

I may actually not be able to go outdoors, so now I’m wondering what I can do as far as space, and also what’s too early to change them over to flower?

1 Like

You can change them as early as they will let you: you can start plants on 12/12. They won’t change over until they are Mature enough to do so: many plants early flip sounds like a good time for a scrog net to help with the Canopy

Kill the lights for 24 hrs it should make them show sex the. U can flip to 12n12 and have at it

Also if the light is not strong enough it will stretch I use more light or increasing the power :v:

1 Like

All feminized. Skunk#1 and blue dream. Here’s an update.

1 Like