First grow but my plants are starting to wilt and discolor

Hey guys I started my first grow with some Blue Widow Feminized seeds. I started in the bud grower HPS full kit. It’s a 2x4 tent but I recently upgraded to the gorilla grow tent 3x3 shorty with a Mars Hydro ts3000. My new tent is not fully set up yet so they are still in the old tent with the HPS light. I have been struggling with heat issues and my humidity levels just went down due to the cooler weather rolling in. I noticed my plants have started to wilt and yellow a bit. One plant has some brown spotting on one of the bottom leaves. I would appreciate getting some good advice so I am able to have a successful first grow. I currently have them in solo cups with Fox Farms happy frog soil and am feeding them water at a PH of 6.0 with half a tablespoon of organic molasses per gallon.

1 Like

@Mrb53004 will you help this lost soul?

1 Like

Happy Frog is a little HOT for toddlers like this. It is a decent organic soil and should be able to carry the plants at least 4 to 6 weeks with nothing but water. Molasses changes the ph of the soil and not much is there to buffer or counter the change in Ph from the molasses. It is a little soon for that.
HPs - oh yeah, they are hot. So you say cooler weather rolled in so is your tent outside or a garage? Maybe run the lights at NIGHT when its cooler and OFF in the day to counter. Pails of water should help the low Rh levels and you can get by at 50%Rh even though 60-70% is preferred at this stage of life
Disregard the lower / lowest set of REAL LEAVES, they don’t count yet. Pinch the bad ones off.

3 Likes

Excessive water with lack of oxygen. Try to get it into a proper plant container, trim the bottom yellowing leaves, let it dry completely b4 next watering. Less is more, especially when young.:sunglasses:

4 Likes

Thank you @Mrb53004 I am moving them over to my new tent hopefully this afternoon so I won’t have to deal with as bad of heat issues by upgrading tents and to LED. I’ll definitely switch out the molasses water to regular dechlorinated and PH water.

1 Like

Thank you @CkNug! I will let them dry out a bit and when would you recommend transplanting and should I still be using Happy Frog Soil or Ocean Forest? My shipment from homegrown cannabis co just came in with their organic fertilizer line up. Do you have any advice for transplanting and have you used their organic products before?

2 Likes

do not forget to put something on the floor between the container and the liner. You want some kind of barrier, even a towel or pad to prevent soil temp changes. I had mine on a cement floor and the cold was permeating and messing with the roots
Make sure you have your lights set about 30 inches and about 40% power based on the size of your plants in the pics. You may have to temper them (gradual light change to prevent stress), like going from indoors to out or outdoors to in

2 Likes

Yes @Mrb53004 is correct I had same problems with cement floor i use rubber pads stays cold on floor

1 Like