First grow. Blue Dream fems

Thanks for the input brotha! :call_me_hand::call_me_hand: I was trying to think of when to start defoliating and training a bit…I got the blue dream fems from Homegrown Can. Co. They say that they’re sativa leaning hybrid so idk haha I don’t mind either way I just want my first grow to be a successful one hopefully :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

1 Like

They could indeed be more sativa. Sativa leaves are often longer and more narrow when compared to indica strain plant leaves which are usually shorter and fatter. With hybrids, I find it a challenge to be certain of what I am going to actually get. That is part of why I find such enjoyment from growing, it is a pleasure and a learning experience.

2 Likes

Day 35 of life. Decided to try a first light defoliation. Took off the bottom two nodes, gonna see how they respond. Hoping I didn’t stress them out too much! :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile: they still looking happy and healthy though! Great color! Hearty stalks. Raised my light to 24" above canopy and bumped it to 70% intensity. Will post updates after recovery! :call_me_hand::drooling_face::call_me_hand:

1 Like

They are looking strong and healthy! Great color and structure: if it were me i would flip them to Flower once they recover: they will gain size in the stretch imo :yin_yang::sunny::palm_tree:

Too small yet for us to flip I think. Our tallest girl is barely to a foot. We were also going to try some LST and a SCROG net to try to get a full even canopy before we flip to flower :call_me_hand::drooling_face::call_me_hand: hoping to maximize our end yield for the space we have :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Ok, so just an over all pic update. All 4 girls still happy and healthy! We started looking at our timeline and figured out we are technically in our 5th week of veg so that is where we are going from here :call_me_hand: We were showing some mild signs of wind burn from how our clip fans were set up so we adjusted them and hopefully the girls will appreciate the lighter breeze :sweat_smile: Temps hovering at or around 77F, RH been hovering at or around 63%, light intensity running 70% power and 20/4 schedule. Going to be installing the SCROG soon! :call_me_hand::sunglasses::call_me_hand: wondering when we should top dress or maybe try some of that Real Growers Recharge…don’t know :thinking: will update you guys Lata! :raising_hand_man:

installed the SCROG today :grin: ladies are looking healthy and happy. Now we are just going to work on our canopy as we are getting closer and closer to flip :call_me_hand::drooling_face::call_me_hand:thinking maybe 2 weeks might do some recharge and top dress and flip a week later…don’t know yet! :sweat_smile: I’ll keep you guys posted! :call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

1 Like

Are you feeding them any nutes at this point??

1 Like

Nope, they’re in FoxFarm Ocean Forest and have been loving it or so it seems. Haven’t seen any signs of deficiencies or anything. We will probably be top dressing with Gaia Green very soon and was considering using some Real Growers Recharge.

End week 5 veg, day 49 from seed. Girls were looking droopy, sad and hungry. Decided to give them a little boost to carry us to flower. Top dressed with Gaia Green All-purpose 4-4-4 with a little worm castings mixed with it. Gave em a hefty water with some Real Growers Recharge. Hoping that’ll give them the boost they need to fill out our canopy so we can prep for flower :call_me_hand::call_me_hand:whenever we do flip to flower we will be using some Gaia Green Power Bloom 2-8-4. Will update Lata growmies! :call_me_hand::call_me_hand::raising_hand_man:

1 Like