First grow, 3 weeks into flower brown / burnt-looking pistils

Hello everyone,

want to see what you guys think of my girls 3 weeks into flower. These pics were taken a few days ago so wasn’t quite 3 weeks there ^^

While pruning I noticed this funny growing branch, it grew really wide :smiley:

And here is one of my worries, on alot of my budsites, the pistils started shrinking up and turning brown, looking kind of burnt I guess, what could be the cause of this?

Want to use this post to thank everyone here for the huge help you have given me, my plants probably never would have gotten this far without yall! <3

-Luke

1 Like

They go beige as the flower matures. It’s one of the indicators that the plant is getting ready to harvest. All white, too early. Starting to go brown, too early. All toasty brown, could be ready, check other indicators, looking for beige trichomes.

2 Likes

Ok than means it’s supposed to happen and nothing to worry about? Thought the light was too close or some kind of nute burn, thanks!

They look good but if it concerns you cut the feed and higher the light. Just not at the same time as this will make diagnosis difficult

Hey Luke,

You really want your pistils to remain pristine white and standing straight up at this point. The tips of the pistils turning brown at this stage could be from a number of reasons.

1. Light intensity/ heat stress
  2. Agitation - too much direct air onto the bud site.
  3. Agitation - Fan leaves sitting on top of pistils or touching them.
  4. Pollination - Typically in this case you will see only the tips degrade while the base up to about 3/4s the way up the pistol stay white. (and the buds won’t stack very well if pollinated early)
  5. Insects

Other reasons im sure, but these are the most common Ive found.