First casualty man it hurts

So I had a couple ideas I went overboard on. One figured I needed more air circulation so I took a 24 inch house fan and put it in the grow room. Then wanted to let the plants dry out more between waterings. Long story short came home yesterday and the plant in front of the fan looked dead every leaf hanging straight down and severly wilted. Turned the fan off and watered. This morning there had been slight recovery in some of the little leaves but all large fan leaves and most small ones were crispy dry. Also several of the smaller popcorn buds are crispy. Is this a total loss (harvest now situation).

2 Likes

What type of plant is it? Photo or auto?

1 Like

Photo GDP 2 weeks from harvest.

1 Like

Oh man, tough call. If you were still in veg, I’d say let it go and see if you can recover. Since you’re in flower and so close to harvest to boot though, you may just need to cut your losses and chop it now.

It won’t be an optimal outcome since the THC levels could probably have risen a bit more. It’ll sort of be like you decided to do a pre-dry while the plant was still in the pot, albeit a bit early.

2 Likes

Kinda what I was thinking just hurts.

3 Likes

I hate hearing that, @Jared. What do you think the deal was? Did you pull her out already?

2 Likes

@Jared as long as the plant is alive it can recover. Even if stunted it will still yield more if you let it continue over harvesting now.

4 Likes

Topped her this morning when I got home. IMG_1134 looks like probably 50 grams dry total.

![IMG_1132|360x480] (upload://t1ShlL9we42R80cCjvWx0RnscbK.jpeg) a few nice ones. Left at least 2 nuggets on each stem so there is a possibility of a little more if it recovers.

5 Likes

Well did some harvesting last night averaged over 11oz a plant after wet trim. Most are carbon copys of above picture that I cant download now. @MDBuds @kmac03 @Mrb53004 @DollarBill all hanging in the dark drying out.

4 Likes

@Jared 11 oz wet? That’s not bad for autos.

2 Likes

They look marvelous! :heart_eyes: :star_struck: Are you satisfied?

I’m sorry that I didn’t see that you posted previously, but much like the Universe at large, I’m guessing changes affect here, too.

2 Likes

:thinking: photos GDP and mimosa. Not a banner harvest but I am anxious to see how it dries out.

3 Likes

Yes just not what I was hoping for. I was hopeing for 8 oz dried thats not goung to happen. But mabey 5 oz if I am lucky.

3 Likes

I think it’s still a good lick, but I understand what you mean as far as my wanting it to be more. I feel like that about my Hawaii x Purple Skunk, but I also know for a fact that that is due to my own ignorance. I’m going to have to grow her by herself to figure her out completely and I’m considering it now. She definitely needs a tropical environment.

3 Likes

@Jared Way To Go jared bro :v:

2 Likes