First Auto grow and growing ever

couple updates

1 Like

I’ve always wondered about cal-mag? Like how it’s made or how it’s mind like other sulfates and nutrients? How do plants out in nature get cal-mag out of the earth to help them grow? Is there plants that you can harvest to make cal-mag? It just make me scratch my head when I hear of cal-mag? Why have never had to give my outdoor plants cal-mag but they grow so healthy and vigorously. It can’t just be as simple as the difference between the sun and indoor lights. Can anyone explain or help make sense of this? I’m being a smart ass!! But it is very funny to think about. Why so many indoor growers rely on cal-mag?

1 Like

Cal-mag only comes in bottle form too. That’s another interesting one. Bottle form is the only way to find calcium and magnesium together like that. To me that’s very wierd??

1 Like

Negative, My Friend. It comes in IV bags (to prevent/stop labor) and pill form, too. Now I’m being a smart ass, but I couldn’t resist.

Oh heck ya!!! Nice I love it​:rofl::rofl::rofl:

we also make our own cal/mag…it is an easy thing to do

Ground oyster shell?

yes, egg shells too…Most people eat eggs. I keep all my shells…When ready, I boil them (after placing in a blender to pulverize). I do 1 cup shells to 1 quart water. I do not strain this…I place in a 5gal pail. I add enough water to make 1 gal. I add 1 tsp Epson salt. I add 1/2 cup worm casing. I squeeze 1/2 lemon. 1/2 cup steamed milk, I aerate for minimum 24 to 48 hours…I CHECK PH (notice the caps?). Because it is a foliar spray, the ph is usually safe. I try to never go below 4 or above 8…to me, outside those ranges are for treating issues and conditions.
I use a 1 quart spray bottle and never spray in the light…the calcium and mag are absorbed much quicker thorough the leaves than from the soil. I will also use this as a tea at times…I add kelp and molasses
The milk helps with mold too…beside the sugars it introduces

2 Likes

Right. The sugars break down into acids to help change the pH for easier integration.

Fun fact, I have been gathering parakeet eggs thinking it would be worth it to roast, then make my own. Hahaha! I’ve been waiting a while. They are so tiny. :partying_face: :bird: