Finally started, germinated w/my Areo

Being my very first grow, I have no idea how big these plants get. Although I’ve seen pics and vids and know they can get monstrous. But I also like a challenge and doing things outside the box. Lol. Let’s hope it doesn’t bite me in the ass.

2 Likes

LMAO , if it does; just take a toke of your beautiful buds!!

Happy growing

1 Like

Kick The Ball :laughing: i’ll hold the Goal Posts down @Munchy

4 Likes

You are killing me @DollarBill! :laughing::joy: what the hell are those yellow things for? The crazy things you do, love it!

2 Likes

@Munchy Sticky Bug Catchers the gnats are suppose to be attracted to yellow but i wouldn’t go that far and say that :laughing:

3 Likes

@DollarBill so should I wear yellow or not, it’s really not my color. :laughing: I just transferred my girls in the next size cup up, getting all excited. Every little bit of growth makes me smile. At what point do I want to fim, how many sets of leaves?

1 Like

@Munchy Normally, i just Spray Bottle with plane water the Top of the Plant and while wet Plan Out which inside leaves are in the way of Baby Bud Node Spots

GIF_20210209_090407 :point_right::laughing::point_left:

3 Likes

Looks like your girls are really starting to flourish @DollarBill. Thank you for your advice. I just moved my girls to 3 inch pots now, it’s a start.

4 Likes

@Munchy don’t you just Love green things? :smiley:

1 Like

I have always loved growing @DollarBill, started growing at an early age. Unfortunately, I have always killed everything inside. :flushed: I guess I need to be more attentive now and focused, :rofl:. This should be an interesting trip, love me some green adventure.

2 Likes

So I thinking I was ready to try to fim but I noticed my one plant is kinda yellowish now. Any opinions on what I should do? Also, I was told I should put these in gallon pots before putting them into there final, they are feminized.

2 Likes

@Munchy hun, i can’t Diagnose things over my Color Blindness so Hit Up @MDBuds he’s our resident Weed Doctor and King at it

3 Likes

@Munchy what are your temps and rh? Have you ph tested the soil? Do the leaves feel crispy, dry, or waxy?

Upon first glance it looks like possible leaching from over watering but can be remedied by cycling wet to dry.

It might also possibly be early stages of nutrient burn. I see you transplanted from the peat pods into soil. What soil did you finally decide on for transplant?

3 Likes

@MDBuds I have been using Great Lakes Water Only for the soil, it’s from Detroit Nut. I do believe you are correct, perhaps I did over water them. I watered her a little bit more and the leaves turned more yellow but they turned upward.

I am having problems getting a correct ph reading, I think. I’m not sure if the device is correct. Is showing the soil dry and the ph around 8.

The leaves are not dry or crisp, more on the waxy side.

I can’t thank you enough for your help.

Also, do I want to transfer into the next pot a gallon size and keep it there for two weeks, then into the final pot?

Thanks for the help guys!!

image|375x500

1 Like

@Munchy a ph of 8 is way too high and that would cause those issues you are seeing. Nitrogen lockout, yellowing, and deficiencies much like over watering.

Is your ph meter calibrated properly? Or did it come pre calibrated? Are you checking water and feeding ph?

If 8 is correct you need to bring that PH down to around 6.5. A mix of lemon juice or vinegar with your water PhD to 6 will help bring it back.

3 Likes

@Munchy also make sure when you take a soil ph reading that you move about the first inch of soil out of the way and then moisten the area you are testing. Once you move the soil and moisten you stick the probe in slowly until it is covered and then turn it side to side twisting slightly to get an accurate reading if it’s a single probe meter. If it’s a double probe meter do the same without the slight twisting back and forth.

2 Likes

Good morning @MDBuds, the use of lemon or vinegar will lower ph naturally. Is that better that ph up/down we buy?? What can we us to bring up.

Thanks again

Baking soda. Just a little goes a long ways.

Do you dissolve it first or just add to nutes feeding?