Fertilizer help

Hi I am not new but need help in deciding what fertilizer is best for my seeds. I have seeds called big buds. I am using hydroponic dwc with 4 grow buckets and retainer. Anyone have and fertilizer and a mix equation so plants will get its needs.

1 Like

I use the Flora grow combo. Works for me

What is your mixture

It is on the bottle how to mix at what stage of your plan t

Hi @Runsc Here is the middle of the road equation you are looking for… ratio NPK nutrients 3-1-1 for veg 2-2-3 for flower…I use Gen Hydro nutes in my DWC systems at a lesser amount than what is written on the containers.

Thanks for input. I need all the help possible this time. Tired of my plants starting off good and then turning yellow and browning leaves.

I’m not at all knowledgeable on hydro/dwc…could the yellowing and problems later in plant life be due to contaminants in the system from that same grow’s previous use, if I’m making sense? Not sure how often those are filtered and cleaned. Hopefully, a helpful thought, happy growing!

Also having problems finding 3-1-1 and 2-2-3 nutrient bottles

I flush my system once a week as good as I can.

1 Like

https://www.naturessourceplantfood.com/products/professional/OrganicPlantFood3-1-1/
https://downtoearthfertilizer.com/products/blended_fertilizer/vegan-mix-3-2-2/
Here are a couple.

@Runsc there is no nutrient that is that value that I know of…Gen Hydro 3 part Flora series with CalMagic will have a 8-6-11 one to one ratio so adjust each amount based on their values to obtain what you want…Definitely clearing/flushing your system every 7 days is a must do (except in the beginning before roots get growing when 10 is ok) and depending on your DWC setup do not reuse some items. In my DWC setup each of my plants is in its own reservoir and container. I start with 4 gallons of nutrients and only add water to the reservoir if the level reaches 2 gallons between change-outs. My water pump stays within the reservoir and has a fine screen mesh around it to stop the roots from entering the pump. The pump is used for top water feed until the roots reach the water and then it is just used to circulate. I do reuse the pump after a good cleaning but the air stones and any tubing is never reused along with the baskets. I thoroughly clean the reservoir after each grow so as not to transfer anything to the new grow. Here is what I am currently using for photo period plants in 4 gallons of Distilled water…I start my plants in DWC as soon as first set of leaves come out and flip to flower at 6 weeks

Cycle FloraMicro FloraGrow FloraBloom Terpinator CalMagic Hydroguard
Stage 1 @ 10days 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 0 1/4 tsp 2 tsp
Stage 2 @ 10 days 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp 0 1/2 tsp 2 tsp
Stage 3 @ 7 days 4 tsp 4 tsp 4 tsp 0 1 tsp 2 tsp
Stage 4 @ 7 days 4 tsp 4 tsp 4 tsp 0 1 tsp 2 tsp
Stage 5 @ 7 days 6 tsp 5 tsp 4 tsp 2 tsp 1 tsp 2 tsp
Stage 6 @ 7 days 6 tsp 5 tsp 6 tsp 2 tsp 1 tsp 2 tsp
Stage 7 @ 7 days 5 tsp 3 tsp 6 tsp 2 tsp 1 tsp 2 tsp
Stage 8 @ 7 days 5 tsp 3 tsp 6 tsp 2 tsp 1 tsp 2 tsp
Stage 9 @ 7 days 4 tsp 3 tsp 4 tsp 4 tsp 1 tsp 2 tsp
Stage 10 @ 7 days 3 tsp 1 tsp 4 tsp 4 tsp 1 tsp 2 tsp
Stage 11 @ 7 days 1 tsp 1 tsp 3 tsp 4 tsp 1 tsp 2 tsp
Stage 12 @ 7 days 1 tsp 1 tsp 2 tsp 4 tsp 1 tsp 2 tsp
Stage 13 @ 7 days 0 0 0 0 0 1 tsp

Hope this helps you

2 Likes

Yes very helpful. I was way off. My set up is pretty much like yours except water pump only in reservoir bucket pump nutrients out to 4 buckets and then back to reservoir. How do I know what ratio the plant needs to succeed. Will the numbers be on the bottle of nutrients be the que.

@Runsc the ratio to success is that general NPK value I gave you (veg 3-1-1 and flower 2-2-3) plus any adjustments needed for your environment and plant variety…those are perfect world numbers and none of us live in that world so adjust it to your world…The Flora series has their NPK values written on the bottles like the Micro is 5-0-1. I have successful grows using my formula below so use it as your starting point.

1 Like

Okay, but can you explain what the numbers mean 3-1-1 and 2-2-3

@Runsc oh I get your question now but I cannot explain it completely but this is how I thought about it…
Gen Hydro 3 part Flora series with CalMagic will have a 8-6-11 one to one ratio. This means if you add 1 tsp of each to a gallon of water the NPK ratio will be
Micro 5-0-1
Gro 2-1-6
Bloom 0-5-4
Calmag 1-0-0

NPK 8-6-11
this is a not the 3-1-1 you want so now you have to adjust each of the 4 nutrients to get to this number using more or less of each…this is where I came up with my own ratio based on what was perfect world, what was written on the GenHydro bottles for each plant stage, what others were using and my own adjustments based on my dirt experience.

Thank you very much for helping me understand. I’m m looking forward to growing these big bud seeds, hopefully they live up to there name.:blush:

@Runsc glad to help. I have been totally DWC for 2 years now and for me it works.

That’s what I’m talking about. I need to get this system down so I can smile 2. I’m in this forever, so far 2 bad crops and I dont wanna go back to soil

@Runsc something I have learned in DWC is that the plant can control the ph so be aware of that when you have multiple plants feeding from the same reservoir.

Thanks. Didn’t know that either. Probly why I had problems before with yellowing and then browning.