Feminized seeds yielding flower with viable seeds

I have a mystery that needs to be solved. This last outdoor grow I had two feminized photo plants that remained outside until mid October and then took them into the tent to finish. After getting a decent yield on both plants, I have dried and am now in the curing process. The mystery is I am finding a nice crop of seeds! Being surprised to see a seed, I immediately planted a few. 2 out of three popped and are now established seedlings. My question is how does this happen? As far as I know there are no-0- male plants in the area. Certainly not in my grow. Any thoughts?

2 Likes

Someone in neighborhood

1 Like

Closest neighbor that grows is about 200 yards away, not sure they had any male plants, I will check with them next time I see them. Thanks for the suggestion.

My plant did the same thing in fact I just bought a bag of black runtz that gave me 2 seeds.
From what I understand if a feminized bud does fertilize itself & makes a seed or 2 they are identical to the mother as she was mother & father.
Either way plants Ive grown from seeds like that were always female & grew up just like the mama.
Let us know how yours turns out I think ill start my black runtz seed I found in a bag this week.

You could have waited too long to harvest
If a plant goes too long after ripening it will produce seeds and yes a female plant can produce seeds without a male plant around
Its a genetic in the plant to help insure that the plant will survive
If your neighbor did not have male plants then this might be the source of you seeds
I’ve had it happen before

1 Like

Just happen with my last harvest and what I found while I was trimming ,is that one of my plants grew a couple male parts and pollinated itself, I found a pollen sac that still had pollen in it I’m pretty sure cause when I rolled it between my fingers pushing it apart I had some yellowish gold color on my fingers and I’m pretty sure it was pollen , as to why my girl grew some male parts I’m not sure , also my very first grow did the same thing but they did it from stress this last grow they didn’t have any reason to stress it was a nice easy grow other them I stopped , I can’t say if that’s what happen to your grow or not , I will say my Georgia Pie strain turned out awesome seeds or not it was still super frosty and very stinky definitely in my top 5 of strains I grew , I have 3 seeds left I’m going to super clean my grow room and equipment to be safe and then run them again and this time I’ll really check them over more closely through the grow I remember reading somewhere that you can remove them sacs and they wrong grow back in the same spot,
Good luck happy growing

Sounds like you had a hermaphrodite in the bunch. They will probably produce hermies

AD,
Thanks for you insight, I currently have a couple growing, I just flipped them and will see what happens. Interesting little experiment. Thanks again