Feminized seeds % of sucess

Anyone have any seeeds turn out bad? Or not even sprout. ?

2 Likes

@Meko Yes i have had 2 Lowryder not sprout at all. I just popped 4 seeds 3 days ago. 2 GDP and a Gelato. One from another seed bank. The granddaddy’s have sprouted and im crossing my fingers that the Gelato starts to peak out👀

Yes, I too have had seeds not even germinate before.

Maybe one out of fifteen. It happens.

1 Like

Cannabis seeds by nature have a germination rate of between 85-90%. This of course varies based on genetics and the maturity of the seed and whether or not it was harvested at the right time and dried properly.

You can increase the successful germination rate using seeding formulas too to about 95% successful germination. There are a few methods to this but the most successful ones I have personally used myself are using superthrive (a female plant hormone supplement that is a growth booster and great for starting seeds), and using liquid kelp which also has natural growth hormones in it. If going organic you can’t use superthrive anymore even though it’s natural, so your best bet is liquid kelp. Just a splash in the water you use to germinate. Happy growing. :v::metal::call_me_hand:

3 Likes

I have actually had the pleasure to meet and be shown some awesome techniques with Bill Graham from monster gardens. This is my go to for sprouting hard/old cannabis seeds. Usually a 100% success! Check out the videos

2 Likes

I’ll have to try some of these techniques and see if I can get my dud to sprout.

2 Likes