Fan leaves and defol leaf uses

What do you all do with what you defoliate from your plants? Can I make something with these? If so, I’m looking for a cheaper, hands on way to get oil or anything possible from them. Thank you in advance everyone!

@Jram_13 you can put them in with your compost., Amongst many other things look @ the history of medical cannabis and leaf uses on the medical forum.

1 Like

Thank you sir, I will do that!

1 Like

you can also use them in smoothies…

2 Likes

Couch lock and the munchies at the moment. I will bookmark this though. Thanks a bunch Mike, always a big help! What fruit would you suggest with a canna-smoothie? I am not a picky eater, lol.

1 Like

I just blended a bag of mine into a super ripe mango and Greek yogurt smoothie. :v:t3::v:t3::v:t3:

2 Likes

Sounds delicious as I am partial to mango. Great idea! A sandwich bag or what size? I would hate to start drooling and go comatose an hour after a nice smoothie. Of course less sugar leaves than fan leaves right?

I used fan leaves just for that hint of weed and my wife’s canni-butter

1 Like

High times always said it goes Fan leaves for butter, Sugar leaves for Hash, Flower for smoking…, but them rules are all out the window now.

2 Likes

Totally agree. I used to say, gotta cough to get off, way back when. Never again after my first brownie! So much has changed, for the good, with this extraordinary plant.

1 Like

Do you decarb before using???

Mangos will assist with the medicinal properties of canna. If it’s potent smoke, be prepared. Otherwise, leaves don’t need any special preparation, in my experience, for all that means. Someone on here was using them to roll with.

2 Likes

Yes and no
Yes for cooking, edibles, tinctures. No if it’s just for flavor, garnish, or the absolutely horribly flavored hemp beer we’ve made lol.

to add sweetness to smoothies, it is best to use:
banana
pineapple
strawberry can be used alone or in addition to any of the above
Orange juice as a liquid or water to keep the sugar level low
Organic spinach
Have used kale but it adds a distinct aftertaste. Frozen kale is better to keep the taste at a minimum
I also recommend a fat, like avocado (only takes a small piece to emulsify and make them very creamy) or coconut oil, grass fed butter (like Irish butter…organic works too)
Yogurt for protein and to smooth the bitter of greens and take the edge off acidity
Add ice ON THE TOP when you have added all the ingredients to the blender

1 Like

We are not talking sugar leaves (like the ones loaded with trikes…these are just large fan leaves, a good source of vitamins and nutrients) so no decarbing needed

2 Likes

I’m about to infuse/decoct some leaves and stems for about 2hrs. Following the theory for other old recipes on using similar silica based sources based on what has been grown “locally,” definition is dependent per person. Male plants.

1 Like

Well, it was a success! Mango, pineapple and strawberry with a tablespoon of honey, 6 Oz berry Greek yogurt with ice on top. Very tasty with the oh so great cannabis aftertaste. Thanks, all of you for the suggestions.

2 Likes