Extra go juice!

I am in the fourth week of flowering.All is well with my Bubba kush, I think. I am using the Flora line from General Hydrophonics. Is there something else I should put in with it.

Are you using the Bloom, Micro or Grow? Are you in a hydro or soil substrate?
Is your Bubba an auto or photo?
Additives - many of us add black strap molasses unsulphured. Just a teaspoon to a gal h20. This is mostly for us who use soil. You can add sugars to Hydro too but you have to watch the Ph and tds and change reservoir often.
Some of us add cal/mag too. Hydro - the liquid is available immediately, soil - either make your own (see @Kronic for recipe - you can reduce for smaller amounts and can use earlier than his ferment schedule, just make sure you check ph). For soil, I add teaspoon of epson salts to the calcium liquid and spray. Plants absorbs within a day or 2
If your plants are looking good, then you have enough nutrients and do not need anything. 4 weeks into flower makes me think photo so you got 4-6 more weeks of flower. If you are using BLOOM, and maybe Micro (FLORA), you can get by just fine like that.

1 Like

I change water weekly, bubba kush, fem. only. Yes I use all three of the Flora nutes. Would it help to add extra bloom?

no, the only extra I would add would be the molasses. It probably will not increase the return but it will make the buds sweeter

3 Likes

I always wondered what the purpose of molasses was. Beyond a sweeter taste in the bud, any other benefits?

Yes, a few things. One of the keys is to have used it all along, not at the last minute. When we use Molasses, it usually saves us from having to FLUSH at the end, it helps with soil microbial development (better soil), is high in calcium, magnesium, iron and potassium. It also contains sulfur and a host of micronutrients. Using molasses as fertilizer provides plants with a quick source of energy and encourages the growth of beneficial microorganisms

4 Likes

That’s really interesting. One last question - do you use molasses only or along with other nutrients? Thanks for the info!!!

Yes I do. I use it alone, and/or with nutrients. I use here and there, I use it everywhere but not on green eggs and ham

Not sure but with DWC I take 30mil of molasses,1 cup of vinegar and 1 cup of water. I boil that and store it in a dark place. I use 2 mil in every 5 gal of nukes.

1 Like

Just keep an eye on your ppms adding more nutrients to your mix. You could put her into nutrient lock out.