Dwc & aeroponics

Autos are feminized from HGCC.

1 Like

Yeah , but I purchased these back when I knew it all.

They are autos, but regular seeds, a mix of fems & males. I bought them from new420guys seeds, one pack of gdp auto blast reg seeds. I checked with the guys the other day, my assumption was correct.

It’s been said, autos could take as little as two weeks from veg to flower given all environmental settings are optimum, so I wondered if autos show their sex earlier than photos?

Maybe I’ll call new420guys seeds to find out if they know. Thanks for helping me find the answer to my question. You’ve been very helpful. :alien: :alien: :vulcan_salute:t6: :v:t6: :sunglasses: :smile:

1 Like

@GOLLO on average autos show their sex at 4 weeks. Some can take as long as 6 and some as early as 2. So just to be safe I’d start monitoring sex at week two and start pulling the males as you find them unless you plan to keep one for breeding.

2 Likes

Thanks. This forum is awesome!!! :sunglasses: :v:t6: :eyeglasses:

1 Like

Ok, I’m finally (I think) ready to post some pics.
I germinated seeds over the Halloween weekend.
Of the 14, 12 sprouted, another 2 didn’t make it, never popped.
1 Blackberry Kush Auto & 9 GDP AUTOS regular, have been soaking up water and light.
Today is November 9 2020 so I’ll try to post some pics. Be patient, I have trouble getting down to the girls & guys. The only question I have is that they seem a little small for the amount of time they’ve been sprouted. Am I too anxious?

girl pic 4

3 Likes

They are a tad bit tiny for their age, what light are you using :slight_smile: Overall though they do look healthy and a nice green tone so it could be temperatures, PH levels, or PAR output effecting speed of growth :slight_smile:

I am using a Kind 3 XL450 270 WATT LED. I’ve lowered the PH to 5.8 from 6.3 to see if that helps. I agree they do seem real small for the age. I should note that the girls get top fed every 6 hours for 15 minutes.
The light is at the top of the cabinet 42" from the girls. Unfortunately there is no controller. It is either on or off. A situation I will remedy for the next grow.

I don’t see any root growth in and around the rockwool. WHAT IS UP WITH THAT? Have I killed these plants? Also I found a slime on the side of the net cups. Should I worry?

DAY 14 PICS. Can anyone tell me why they are so short & stunted? My ph, TDS

, ppm, h2o temp, air temp, rh are all within normal limits. Water is about 1 1/2" below the cup.

1 Like

@GOLLO if you found slime that can either be algae or slime mold which would explain why they’re stunted and have small root systems. Flush your tanks and remix your solution using vinegar to ph it. It should kill your algae and mold and hopefully bring your ladies back before root rot sets in.

Another thing that helps is making sure you have a fan blowing across the tops of your pots at the base of the stem.

Happy growing. :v::call_me_hand::metal:

Slime could also be trails left from slugs if you brought plants in from outside you might have brought a slug in with them and they travel from flowerpot to flower pot at night I have found slime trails all over my floor before from a huge slug. So you might look for slugs also in your flowerpots is what I’m getting at.

I’m using a DWC setup with AEROPONICS & TOP FEEDING.
Thanks for the info. :sunglasses: :laughing: :v:t6:

Welcome - from a NLV grower. Great site , great info, great people

1 Like

Hey Kronic, OR ANYBODY, :laughing: :sunglasses: :v:t6:in my DWC & AEROPONICS setup, I have to adjust the PH every day. Is there something I can do or not do to keep the PH balance for a longer period of time?

PEACE

I do not think so. When I ran Hydro, that ph meter ran 24/7. Usually when you run hydro, the use of air and water pumps is constant all the time. That alone changes the ph. Then there are nutes. Nutes ferment as they sit. Catalytic conversions continue to take place becasue they are nutrition and nutrition is a living, growing and constantly changing thing. If you are here in Vegas area, you know we have horrible water. If you are running hydro, I suspect you have an RO system too. You have to look at the age of filters also.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I wasn’t sure, but from what I’ve read, running hydro requires more attention to the details than other systems. I was/am ready to give the girls all the loving and caring they need to thrive and survive. I’m a papa and I have to take care of my girls.

I’ve been waking @ 5 am and the first thing I do, even before peeing is visit the girls and make sure everything is okie dokie. With chronic pain, it is the only thing that makes me get up every day now.

FYI, this is my first grow ever. 5 GDP AUTOS & 1 BLACKBERRY KUSH AUTO seem to be thriving, even after I brutalized one of the GDP’s. I am loving every minute. I do have some 6 fem seeds germinating.

How wet or dry should the rockwool be when germinating seeds? Does anyone know? :laughing: :sunglasses: :v:t6:

Are you germinating directly in small rockwool seedling cubes? For seed germination, the cube is a great choice. Rockwool should be thoroughly soaked in pH balanced water before use. … Once your water is pH balanced, add your cubes and let them soak for about an hour, or until thoroughly wet. Once your cubes are soaked, you’re ready to plant. From that point, the dome, humidity and temps come in to play.
some info here