Drying my plant

I have been drying one of my plants and am wondering if there is a time period I should be aware of to trim and get the buds in a jar, they are getting pretty dry and I just haven’t had time to get it trimmed up yet. I guess it’s been over a week maybe a week and a half now. I’m gonna try and get it done tomorrow or the next day.

If you can snap the stem it’s attached to then it should be ready for dry trim. If the stem just bends and doesn’t break, it is not ready yet. Happy growing!

2 Likes

Depends on your temperature and humidity ten days is what most shoot for could take little less or little longer

2 Likes

feel the buds…they should be a little moist but not wet…if you squeeze, they should ALMOST crumble. Then into jars to cure and continue drying under the correct rh conditions - Bovida 62% 0r 65%…burp daily…if very moist, open jar for about 1-2 hrs…keep jars in a dark place (closet, drawer)
after about 2 weeks, you should not have to open or anymore except for using

2 Likes

you probably over dried your bud at that point depending on the rh and temp. You can attempt to cure it I guess but at that point I would just smoke it

1 Like

It is pretty dry but it is also a bit sticky also. I think it is ok. Next harvest I am gonna do quite a bit of wet trimming before I start drying it.

Mine sit at least a month in my garage rafters.I leave my buds on the stems and cut in 6 to 8 inch lenths to fit into a 1 gallon zip bag and compress the air out of the bag before closeing.And burp a few times a week.

At times though it is really dry on the outside it still has the moisture inside to be released. I have a 900 square foot duplex I live in…not a ton of room so I have to dry in my downstairs closet. I live in the south so high temperatures and heavy humidity. I dry hard…but at first I had a 3 day dry because I was following what everyone else said and added a fan at very low flow to keep the air circulating…drying out my buds. No fan and now a 6-7 day dry…trust your own instincts and quit worrying about what everyone else says. I have found that it is mostly bro-science and that most of these people have experience but don’t truly understand how plants react to and co-op with the environment. I have ignored almost 75 percent of the advice on the internet and after a little over a year of growing just autos I have people’s attention over the stuff they are getting from commercial growers in other states. I live in a illegal state and I am learning and preparing for the switch if and when it happens. I am showing people in my area what the difference is in farm to table vs manhandled stuff.

1 Like

I disagree…this is bro-science

@HansGruber i believe I posted this back on my first ever grow, I used a fan before also and it really dried a few of my plants out quickly. I dry mine it the basement as well and I also live in the south where it is definitely more humid, I am well into now my 4th grow, what state are you in I have the same issue and have been waiting for the switch as well. But even if it does I’ll probably just keep things the way they are now.

Today I cleaned some of these up and moved my 4 photo plants to their own tent to change the light cycle and get them flipped.