Dosing Home-made tinctures and oils

@LilMic as far as pure day use ones for fatigue I like agent orange and purple haze.

For evening use lately I’ve been liking the amnesia haze auto. It’s not as energetic as the other two and it helps with nausea too and makes eating easier.

For a night use one I like the lemon blast and gold leaf. Gold leaf is good from evening on BTW and helps with fatigue as well. It says indica dominant on the website but when you grow it it definitely shows sativa dominant. At least every one I grew did except for this last one.

1 Like

@CurrDogg420 thanks man I appreciate it. Once all the data was compiled the basic math was easy. Scouring the public lab data and putting it all together was a pain though. :joy:

1 Like

@MDBuds I just started Gold Leaf grow. Haven’t tried it yet but I liked what I read on it. I’m looking for strains that help with curing cancer Topical & oral. Sunshine & Blue Dream I use for the chronic fatigue. As far as pain I haven’t found anything that works 100%. Some strains intensify my tinnitus bad. Can’t do bubba Kush or Sour Diesel makes me sick. I’ll look up agent orange & purple haze. I’m growing some blueberry & silver Haze now. Maybe they will help as well. Thanks :blush:

1 Like

@mdbud yeah I have no appetite have to force myself to eat I just don’t want it, ugh.
If I could eat every couple days I’d be good but doc says nope lol everyday. No interest in it…never tried amnesia Haze I’ll look in to that one too.:wink:

1 Like

@LilMic what type of cancer specifically? The terpene profile needed and delivery method all depends on the type of cancer.

@MDBuds I have squamous cells. So I use it topically & orally. The doc said it could go topically or grow in so…

@LilMic yeah topical would be your best bet with squamous cell skin cancer. Are you pale skinned as well? Just asking because it’s more common in people with pale/fair skin and I have a recipe for cbd sunblock if you want it.

1 Like

@MDBuds Please go ahead and share your sunblock recipe. My family is all dark skinned, but with the degradation of the atmosphere, we use sunblock and I’d sure like to learn about a cannabis-based lotion than the poisons we’re currently putting on our skin.

4 Likes

@MDBuds A woman in our Bush Doctors cannabis growing group was recently diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. She’s being hit with targeted chemo doses and the doc told her to double her consumption of edibles. She could use some guidance on which strains would be best. She likes blueberry, but if other strains would be more helpful, she’d love to learn.

You are one of the few people who is smarter than I am and I really appreciate you sharing your vast knowledge.

1 Like

@MDBuds yes I am fair skin (english/irish) I would be interested in that! Thank you.

2 Likes

@Bushdoc I’ll share a few recipes. I only asked her skin tone/type because I have multiple recipes for different skin tones and types because everyone’s skin is different and requires different protection and nourishment along with the cbd aspect.

@LilMic I’ll just make another post here with multiple recipes later today and I’ll tag you and bushdoc both so you guys can see it.

1 Like

@Bushdoc I’ll get back to you later today on your friend with pancreatic cancer and I’ll pm you because there are a few more details I would need before I can start suggesting strains and treatment methods. I would also need to know if your friend is currently undergoing radiation and chemo, if they have any liver issues, medications, etc…

1 Like

@MDBuds cool ty very much!:blush:

1 Like

@MDBuds here are answers:
Is she diabetic? No
Does she have fatty liver or liver damage? Don’t think so.
Is she receiving radiation with the targeted chemo? No
What drugs do they currently have her taking for pain and chemo side effects? Oxycodone
Does she have any allergies to essential oils or sunflower lecithin? Not that she knows of
What specifically is she looking to treat with cannabis? Nausea

She’s having a rough day today so these answers are from her husband.

Thanks!

1 Like

Yikes, bummer bushdoc. I am sorry to hear about your friend. Pancreatic cancer is what got me into growing cannabis scientifically for a reason besides my joy. My dad passed away about 14 years ago from pancreatic cancer. I found out after the fact from my mother he wouldn’t try any cannabis I gave him. He was too afraid of using it in prohibition world times. To this day it just breaks my heart knowing that he never tried it. Mainly because I think he probably would have at least made him feel better as he died.

Sorry I didn’t mean to go on a bummer tangent. Good luck and strong meds to your friend and happy growing.

2 Likes

MDbuds, your knowledge is always humbling. I spent a ridiculous amount of time obsessively studying everything I can about cannabis. I don’t feel I have half the knowledge of you. You must spend a lot of time doing research. Like a lot of time.

Have you ever thought about applying for research grants? The work in your responses is research grant quality.

3 Likes

@Noddykitty I’m sorry to hear about your dad, that he was prevented from getting relief because of stupid, unjustifiable rules. Thanks for your good wishes, we’re doing our best to help our stoner friend and @MDBuds is the best help we can give her.

1 Like

@Noddykitty yeah I have spent a lot of time researching. Like a lot a lot. Lol

I’ve lost a lot of people to cancers and autoimmune disorders growing up. Starting with my best friend as a child to leukemia, then my grandfather to colon cancer, then my best friend from my teens into adulthood from lupus. My mother currently has metastatic breast cancer. I also have a lot of friends still suffering from autoimmune disorders and seizures etc… I’ve always been extremely empathetic and taken the suffering of those around me personally.

I honestly believe that cannabis has the power to ease their suffering and potentially even heal them.

On top of that I’m OCD, which is both a burden and a blessing when it comes to these things. The hyper-fixation and hyper-focus can literally allow me to experiment and study for days at a time without sleep in true obsessive fashion, but it definitely comes at the cost of my social ability. Lol

3 Likes

@Bushdoc alright man. Here’s the run down for pancreatic cancer based on the latest research and what she needs/wants.

Pancreatic cancer cells have been found to have cannabinol (cbn) receptors and they respond to cbn, cbd, and thc in lab studies though no human clinical trials have currently been completed. The lab study showed that cbn, cbd, and thc both natural and synthetic had antiproliferative effects on the pancreatic cancer cells.

So, to best help treat her cancer and nausea a high thc/cbd cultivar should be used and harvested just past peak ripeness to increase levels of cbn (which also has narcotic painkiller like effects in combination with thc and other terpenes such as linalool and myrcene).

For day use to assist with nausea and pain something like the Amnesia Haze auto or the CBD white widow 1:1 would work pretty well.

For night time use to help her sleep some edibles made with the cbd white widow or gold leaf will help ease pain and inflammation long enough to help her slip into sleep.

Smoking and edibles will be her best options for treatment. Smoking for immediate relief and curbing the nausea so she can eat and take the edge off until the edibles can kick in. If the cancer possibly spreads to her liver or she potentially loses liver function at that point in time her treatment would be more limited. Her only options would be smoking, sublingual, and suppositories.

1 Like

@Bushdoc another way to get higher cbn if she or her husband can’t grow or aren’t growing and they’re just buying their cannabis is to increase the decarb time when they make edibles. Decarb for 45-60 minutes instead of 30-40. It will increase levels of cbd and cbn by converting more cbda into cbd and more thc into cbn.