DIY Grow Tent for noob

I got me some Blueberry Auto seeds, a 3 gallon pot, Fox Farm Starter Bundle, and a GVG LED 600W Full Spectrum LED Grow Light.
I don’t have a grow tent, but I did just move and was thinking about recycling a wardrobe box into a grow tent. My thought is to glue heavy duty aluminum foil on the inside surfaces and hanging the light on the clothes bar. Any reason that won’t work, or is it better to cough up the money for a proper grow tent?
Thanks!!

1 Like

That will work :yin_yang: I started with a 2x4x5’ box. White paint inside worked until i was able to upgrade :wink:

1 Like

yea, that’ll work for the time being and when it does you’ll want to get a proper grow tent after that, i bet!
good luck!!

1 Like

CoolGrows Grow Tent, 48"x48"x80" Mylar Grow Tent with Obeservation Window and Floor Tray for Indoor Plant Growing (48" x 48" x 80") image I have two of these, 4x4 you can get them on amazon for about 100 dollars…great tents for the price. People get so caught up in name brands…some things in grows are worth the money others you can get for a fraction of the cost.

2 Likes

You can get a tent for 50$. Get a tent

1 Like

You have to be careful with foil. It is an electrical conductor, but it is the best reflector, especially if using UV lights.

1 Like

There is no reason to spend money on a large box if you already have one. I made my grow tent from styrofoam insulation panels lined with foil. Works fine.

There are a lot of different things that work well for a lot of different people. I would suggest trying different things and maybe focusing more on the environmental challenges that you may be facing in your environment. There is no real right answer here except the one that works for you…just remember that.

2 Likes