DIY drying and curing chamber

I’ve posted about Boveda packs before, but check out Boveda humidity packs, bovedainc.com. Great way to keep your cannabis fresh at the correct humidity level. A lot less expensive than a humidor and their customer service is very knowledgeable.

I use them when I’m done drying and curing. Once it goes to storage I use those inside and a controlled environment for storage.

1 Like

Early results, opinion still holding, but visually a drastic difference.

Cold

Regular room temp

Taste test is still a few weeks away at soonest. Most likely a month or 2 till I finish up all the different ways I’m experimenting with.

1 Like

Built a automated burp for my cold dry/cure experiment. Compared to the opening of jars etc I’m digging it. 2 containers to hold bud, 4 aquarium airline check valves, aquarium air pump and some airline. A Inkbird IHC200 wifi controller. Plug the air pump into the controller, place sensor into container, plug airlines into pump, set desired humidity level and your done. I really like the controller, it even gives you a graph/history.

3 Likes

@Rye how’d your cold curing experiment turn out?

Definitely a difference. The cold cure has a peppery aroma, and a slight spice to the after taste. The color was the big difference, cold cure had more red fine hairs retained around the buds and even keep some of the yellow, however lemon was much more subdued in flavor. Hard to say of there was a texture difference, it all smokes smooth.

It takes significantly longer, and more work is involved, probably not for a first timer, but definitely for those of us that like to experiment and have the time and product to spare.

Over all I’d would say theres definitely a difference, you get different terpenes saved for sure. Is it worth it? I think that would depend on if you have the space/time and I think the strain would definitely make a difference as well.

2 Likes