Day 20 of Auto Grow - Everything ok?

Hey there - I’m at around day 20 of a white widow auto grow. My temps up until saturday were about 66 and humidity ranged from 44-52 (grow tent in the basement). I placed a heat lamp in the tent and now my I’m stable at 75/76. Lights are on a 18/4 schedule (LED/UFO). I water every 4 days or so. I have 1 exhaust fan as you can see in the picture that pushes hot air out of the tent. I’m not sure if that’s how to set it up, but please do let me know! Should I get a small rotating fan in there as well? Should I start LST?

2 Likes

Inline fan should be at the top exhausting out of one of the upper tent ports. Yes, add a small oscillating fan or similar . . . a breeze in the tent helps in several ways.

3 Likes

She’s Purdy… There are tons of grow tent set-up vids on Utube. I would definitely start some lst or as she gonna have some big fans so will probably be more efficient than leaf tucking. Now that she’s sexed she should start stretching out nice so you will want to be diligent the next couple weeks making sure flower sites are getting light.

In a small tent I would probably set the exhaust up outside the tent… But with only one plant in there you don’t really need the room but still exhaust from the top and then intake if you have a second fan from the bottom and that would be ideal.

@fullyklips
Yeah as said put the exhaust out the top and mounted high up as hot air rises. Plant looks OK. Start feeding and bending of main stem. Lst. Don’t top it.
When you see little hairs then give bloom feed. But yeah tie the main branch to your pot and let the other branches take over and keep the canopy level. Everytime a branch reaches up tie it down. You will end up with an inverted triangle shape instead of a Xmas tree shape.
What make model light you got. Some great white light ones for £50/$60.
I have a 2x2 tent and have been using a 150w I think. Its the phlizon 2022. Only £100. Lots of choice. Its that purple I don’t like. It’s worse than hps orange. The white light let’s you see issues with your plant. It’s hard to spot stuff under purple

Thanks! I started feeding last week (probably a week or so later than I should have) and also did my first LST on the main stem as well as a little haircut for the bigger fans blocking light. Please see my updated pictures here! I’m swapping out this light you see pictured for a spider farmer SF1000 was like $80 bucks on Amazon!

The exhaust goes nearly all the way to the top. Is this fine or should I go straight through top? Also, I have it set to push air OUT, not IN - I hope that’s fine. I’ve added a small fan on ground to help circulate and also give the plant a little workout. I’ve done LST on main branch and topped as well as cut some of the fan leaves for better light. I’m replacing that light with a spider farmer sf1000 this weekend as well. My humidity is giving me some trouble - I can’t keep it above 44 but trying some things out to see if it helps.

Your fan needs to be pulling air from the top of your space where the hottest air would be: if you leave the fan itself on the floor you need to add duct work so its pulling from the top of your tent: the vents are on the bottom exhausting from floor level won’t circulate air threw the tent. :yin_yang:

1 Like

Like this:

Carbon filter is only needed in flower.

1 Like

If you didn’t want that fan hanging you can have it on floor out side the tent and use the hose to draw air from top hole in the tent. Be sure its pulling from the tent. :yin_yang:

Thanks guys - I redid my vent setup. Stuck the intake up top and have hose going out the top now. regular fan on the bottom and I opened two vents on bottom for passive fresh air.

2 Likes

Sounds good, freed up enough space on the floor for a additional plant :eyes: