Dabs and how to make them?

Hi,-please forgive the question ,but how would you go about making dabs,does the buzzz last longer? Thanks much.

1 Like

i have made wax by compressing/heating buds between parchment paper, i love dipping a ball of wax in kief , makes for a fantastic ‘‘hash like’’ smoke… they do make rosin presses for home use at a fairly reasonable price…

1 Like

Hey @mikes - does the “wax” separate from the plant material? In using this method, are you basically “squeezing” the wax out of the buds?

1 Like

yes, its rosin but they call it wax for some reason, although its not very waxy, i find it easier to leave it on the parchment paper & freeze it, then peel it off & put it in a silicone container for dabbing. its pretty sticky when its warm…

also the bud puck thats left is still smokable it will be less potent…

1 Like

OK - got it! Essentially you’re doing a warm press. I do the opposite - freeze the sugar leaves/buds/etc and crush them. Sift the whole works through a silk screen (I use a 150 micron), which gives a fairly pure (80+%) kief powder. Very easy/clean/no-mess method and you can harvest even the smallest amount of “thc crystals” from the plant material. This is a simple version of the “dry ice using hash bags” method.

2 Likes

Thank you! It sounds a bit complicated…one day.

The only complicated part is justifying the price of a press :rofl:

1 Like

Where do I get a press please? Thank you.

Amazon is good for beginner/personal use presses
Search Rosin press

1 Like

I love you Bill! Are you married? I am old ….but frisky!

2 Likes

I love the screens I press my hash into rosin as well after

1 Like

I just looked up the cost of a press….gotta be another way.:joy:

I mean u can u solvents but I’ve never done it before…I broke about 10 hair straightners in a year figured I’d probably be better off saving for the press :rofl: Mines simple 4ton pressing power 3x5 heated plates it like 418$ with tax n shipping from Amazon. But definitely worth it if the majority of what u smoke is dabs otherwise find someone else with a press a become best friends :upside_down_face: made by dabpress

There’s definitely cheaper ones but I press frequently so I had to bite the bullet n save

2 Likes

She is beautiful! It is only me…but very interesting and I love gadgets.Perhaps one day. Thank you.

1 Like

Try an iron, to try out. It will work.ish…