Curing in glass jars now!

I guess I’m a rebel! hahahahaha 63 year old rebel!!! Hey, I like that! hahahahaha

6 Likes

I am 4 years older than you and I am still an idiot. Must be a guy thing. I tried being a rebel but it took too much energy. Black sheep was good for a while, then I just did nothing, lazy ass. That lasted only a short time. I am still trying to decide what I want to be when I grow up

2 Likes

Oh! Must be a gal thing, too!!! I’ve tried to hide being a rebel but not 100% effective. hahahahaha I’m also wondering what I’m going to be when I grow up. I think there’s no hurry, yet! :grin: Life is grand, eh?

2 Likes

@Dana @Mrb53004 I’m one of those rebels too, just a couple years younger. And I’m in the same position, just more NE of Kansas. I also “grow discretely” to supply myself and direct family members with ailments.

2 Likes

That’s a great bit-o-bud you have there! Nice job!

1 Like

Nothing like the huge bud in your (or someone’s) hand in your picture! Wowza! But thank you. I don’t have many family members interested in using this to help them. Thus…just me and several good friends. It’s been fun, might do it again next spring!

2 Likes

Thanks! And yep, that’s my hand and my bud. It’s my own cross-bred strain called Jamookies (Jamaican sativa and GSC hybrid).
I keep a “perpetual grow” going so I have a harvest approximately once a month. I can only grow indoors, so these perpetual grows aren’t that difficult if you have the room.

Here’s a better pic of that bud (last pic) along with a couple other nice ones:

9 Likes

Jamookies, I like that name! Sound like fun!! Well, you’re quite the pro, would you say? Cross-breeding…yep, a man with a vision. HAHAHAHAHA

2 Likes

No curing advice, but i share your dislike for trimming. I found a DIY project for building a bud trimmer. Should be ready in time for my outdoor crop. Can’t wait to see how it works!

3 Likes

I may have seen a video on it, as it sounds familiar. Yes, please let us know how it all is!

2 Likes

Lleonard75,
You will like a trimmer, this is the first year I used one and I was very impressed with the results. I did not make mine but the buds are uniform trimmed and in about a quarter of the time. Please post when you build yours, would like to see.

2 Likes

YES, we all want to see. I have made a contraption once. I used a simple fan (get one of those cheap Honeywell fans for $15 Amazon) over a box for the fan leaves, then tumbler (for polishing rocks) with a coffee can.

2 Likes

We all have inquiring minds Lieonard75! :grinning: The part I enjoyed the least was…the trimming. cutting, cutting, gloves, sticky scissors, more cutting, etc…

3 Likes

That’s kinda funny. I can understand.

I feel the trimming and manicuring, although time consuming, is very relaxing and meditative, as long as I’m not in a hurry or under pressure to get it all done.

I like this aspect of the harvest

4 Likes

I agree with @Khatru . I think that the trimming of the buds and the harvest is one of the best parts of the whole grow Very enjoyable for me!!

7 Likes

Bravo to you Khatru! Seriously! That’s sounds like the perfect way to do it, but I did not do it that way. My mindset was, “git er done!”. You are more mature in that area than I was. Truth! hahahahaha

2 Likes

Nice showing dmtscravey! I think you and Khatru are onto something I shoud think about next time it comes up. Much less stressful, I know! :slight_smile: Thank you for your pictures!

2 Likes

In all of my harvests - except the first [poor looking and producing] harvest - I’ve had multiple plants to get done. Whether it’s a healthy yield or a scrawny few grams, I also look at it as a zen-kind-of-thing. My work requires great amounts of concentration, but also huge amounts of imagination and ingenuity. So, my mind is always in race mode - growing, nurturing, harvesting, trimming, curing, and - finally - smoking. The entire journey is usually more satisfying than the pure final product in and of itself.

I also have debilitating pain and was on opiates for over 11 years. Once I was able to acquire the correct strains to treat my issues, I was able to drop the opiate pain meds completely - and did it cold turkey! It’s now been 40 months with no meds other than “my own grows”!

Have you ever noticed you tend to smoke something “commercial” with a different reverence and respect for the herb. However, when you grow and nurture your own bud, ingestion, whether by smoking or other means, has not only a physical effect, but also a highly psychological effect. This is your creation that you’re ingesting and it’s making you feel better - better than pharmaceutical medicines - and surely better than commercially grown bud. To me, it’s the seed-to-smoke “journey” that really makes this worthwhile.

After over 4 decades of smoking cannabis and most of it being “purchased from various sources”, I can truly say that the best bud I’ve smoked has been my own. Yields aren’t the greatest, but I’ve been self sufficient for over 3 years now.

9 Likes

Bill, 1000% spot on. What got me off the pain killers was CONSTIPATION. I could not take it anymore. I have grown back in the late 60’s into the early 70’s. Stopped until 2010. Went big and now have settled down to growing enough so we don’t have to buy it. What I like about the dispensaries is VARIETY. We get to try it and if we like it, I source the seeds. My wife likes heavy indica at night for her insomnia, hybrids during the day for anxiety, depression. I am moving more to the cbd’s for pain. I am a lightweight. One / 2 puffs and I am done. She hates me for this. We smoke about 5 bones a day.
My garden is my therapy. I am excited to wake up every day and tend it. The flavors from my grows have not been surpassed by any commercial stocks. I went from nutes and large returns to small almost pure organic returns and there is a world of difference, in flavor, effects and how it burns.
I just hung my summer grow to dry. Another week and I go to cure. My autos are in and I am constantly propagating newbies so there is always something to go in the yard and now my 48x96x80 tent in the yard. I got lights in, my medium is ready, my babies are growing. I need an exhaust fan and have to think what I am going to do about water. My RO bit the dust. I may see if I can just go with tap if I can get the ppm right. I can adjust the ph easily but here in Vegas, the water is super hard. I starting buying distilled from market at $1 a gallon. It might actually work out cheaper than a new ro system - no waste and my water bill goes down dramatically

8 Likes

Hey Bill I would like to talk to you about the strains and methods you use some time in private.

1 Like