Critical purple auto help needed

Almost 2 months in and she’s not looking good, pale green and all the lowers are going yellow/burnt tips/ some brown spotting on leaves. What’s the deal with her? Any help is appreciated

1 Like

Hey, they look great! Looks like a bit too much of one thing and not enough of another. What have you been feeding her? Nitrogen will get your lush darker green back. Lights nutes heat or rh with your tips. Too many nutes can lock out your roots, flush to start with blank pallet again. I would add a hit of nitrogen and some cal/mag with that. I would to a foliage spray of a kelp helper or add with water to the dirt, it raises your ph so be sure to ph it or add blackstrap with it. The brown will not go away, this is fine. You want to prevent further damage and crispies. Take care of the roots and the girl will take care of you! Happy Growing!

5 Likes

Just now seeing it’s an auto, :joy:, early here yet haha. I would still give some nitrogen with next feeding, depending on what dirt you started with. I used a TPS bloom for early flower on last auto and she stayed healthy until harvest yellowing. It has very light nitrogen and can feed with every watering at low doses. How often are you watering her, and what size pot are you using.

1 Like

Thanks I’ve got 2 of these girls going in 4 gal pots. Pro mix soil. Used Neptune’s harvest tomato & veg during growth then switched to the roots organic buddah bloom form when preflower started. I’ve been doing a recharge, cal mag and molasses mix one watering between 6.2-6.8 (it varies sometimes) then feeding the buddah the following watering (the most I’ve given her at one time was 3.5 ml) which right after that was when I started having issues. I flushed them a couple weeks ago and have been just doing calmag since then. Both plants pretty much look identical. I clean the ugly lowers off but it just keeps progressing day to day

2 Likes

I’ve been letting them get pretty dry before I water. And when I do they each get roughly a half gal or little more.

2 Likes

Checking your run-off will tell you a lot. I don’t see any bugs and overall they look good. This here looks like either light stress or beginnings of P issues. I think opening up these roots is your best option with minimal stress. Good luck!

1 Like

Opening up the roots? Can you explain ? Lol

1 Like

Yes, of course! Flush, to clean out medium. Check run-off water and ph test if you can. If high, you can use molasses to slowly get ph down. After flush you want to add myko for beneficial bacteria and micro organisms. Liquid kelp helps root health and nutrients uptake. It also raises your ph a bit. Add something low in nitrogen and a bit of p and k with magnesium. Make sure your RH is around 50-55% you want to drop rh as you go further in flower. The more open your root system is, the quicker you will see your feeding affect your ladies.

2 Likes

Thank you for elaborating! I’ll try this and see what happens!

2 Likes

Not a problem! Patience and baby steps, it took three plants for me to figure that out! :rofl:

1 Like

Here is a great article on magnesium, epsom salt and the affect they have on plants. Happy reading!
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/garden-how-to/soil-fertilizers/epsom-salt-gardening.htm

2 Likes

Never knew epsom salt could be used lol that’s neat! I’m hoping I can get these girls straightened out, I don’t think I’ll be running the 4s after these. I actually have 3 other girls in 2 gallon pots filled half way with a 40/60 mix of ffof & promix then filled remaining way with a local g shops seed starter mix. They’re doing wonderful so far but with that said the 2 monsters I have done phenomenal until about 2 weeks into the flowering lol so we shall see.

2 Likes