Completely New Grower

Hello,

I’m new to the forum and new to growing cannibus. I grow fruits and veggies but want to start growing cannibus. What are the 1st steps to take and so on when getting into this growing industry? Please advise. I’m in Louisiana.

Hi and welcome! Good genetics are key to a promising grow. Next steps involve more questions. Indoor/outdoor? Climate range should be factored into seed purchases if growing outdoors. How much time do you want to spend caring for them? If growing indoors then you have tents and vents and lights to consider. Is your soil the right ph? Will bugs and caterpillars be an issue outdoors? Do you haves a shaded area you could put them under if drought and high heat becomes an issue? Good luck and I hope this gives you some help, happy growing!

2 Likes

I’m going to experiment with some indoor and some outdoor.
I stay on Texas/Louisiana border close to gulf.
I can spend up to a hour a day if needed.
For a beginner what vents, tents, and lights do you recommend.
Yes on bugs and caterpillars
I can build a shaded area

1 Like

Infinity has you covered tent, vent, fans, and controller for all: welcome to the forum :yin_yang:

1 Like

Amazon or local grow shops for tents(some under 100$), a 3x3 or 4x4 with heights of at least 80” for sativa and long veg indicas, will be good for 4-8 ladies possibly more depending on strains. HLG lights on the high end and mars hydro on the low. You want to make sure the flowering footprint is as large as the tent. 1-2 small clip fans for air flow. AC infinity is a quality priced option for your in-line fan and carbon filters(inline for heat dissipation and filter for smells if needed). I found a great option to have a mobile ballast for the light you purchase so you can mount outside the tent. A lot of options for soil, soil has a good buffer for mis feeding and is great for beginners. Fox farm ocean forest or good earth organically Gaia or zen blend are a couple options. Then decide if you want to grow organically or not and find your appropriate nutrient line. Oyster shells, epsom salt, bone, blood meal and blackstrap molasses are always good basics to start with. Enjoy the grow!

1 Like

Bro, first of all welcome. Secondly, be careful with people that are throwin all sorts of their “knowledge” :point_up: at you. With cannabis, keep it simple. Talk to your local hydro shop expert about where and what you’re growing. Don’t spend money you don’t need to spend. Also, YouTube has some great videos. Pick a few cultivars that know their stuff and don’t listen to the yuppies. You’ll have more success keeping it simple and not letting too many people fill your head with “what you need “.

Happy growing!

1 Like

I am also In Louisiana NOLA and from everything I have read about outside I would use a strain that is pest and mold resistant. And the heat I don’t need to tell you so you may need to some shade as for water we get plenty and harvesting water is always a good idea. As for nutrients I’m trying Homegrown and they seem to work well with there seeds this is my first time buying and using there products I also use super thrive crystals in the mix. I plan to go outside as well Happy growing my man

You are AWESOME Jram! Check this out.

You helped me and look man, the 3 girls are in flower! You will be repaid for your love & assistance to us new growers! THANX SO MUCH BRO!

2 Likes

WELCOME Channing R. L. I am nearing the end of my very 1st grow and had tons of help from several people right here on this sight. Jram was stellar in assisting me with very little knowledge at all. My 3 girls started strong but I wasn’t feeding them nutrients and almost killed them by using wrong pH levels in my water. I took the suggestions from these guys and nursed them back to health. It’s a super exciting thing to see the 3 of them with beautiful buds forming. I bought a 4 x 4 Tent for like a hundred bucks, and a good Viper Spectra LED light for 200 hundred. If you are concerned about the pungent smell that your plants will start to emit in their happy home I got a small fan, carbon filter AND flex duct for only 60 bucks. It’s a ton of fun. Good Luck !

2 Likes

I am considering Infinity as well. The 4x4 complete setup. My only concern is the light is only 400 watt. Do you have an Infinity setup?
Do you think the 400 watt is sufficient?

I do not have their system. I have their 8” inline fan and controller only: their on my wish list. All the infinity products get high reviews: i can’t see going wrong with a total system i would imagine would be a matched system: :yin_yang:

Its supposed to be matched. I just am not sure 400 watts is enough light? It is dimmable but I don’t think you can adjust the spectrum.

@Snowyroads @Jram_13 @Damo1107

I currently am running the ac infinity s33 and s44. Love them both. They have 10 intensity options but no changing the spectrum. Which I like. Any that I could change the spectrum on made virtually no difference.
I will be going all in on 3 of their new lights, don’t remember the name and haven’t been released yet.
AC has me for life on all growing stuff. Love them

1 Like

Roc Bud Magic Fritters Day 56

2 Likes