Cold shock for color

@dmtscravey bro that work with pics and your grows are wack beautiful

1 Like

@Rye i’ve done it both ways, and i have found after off and on repeated tries (that) on Indoor Grows the roots are above ground level and exposed to temperatures of the surrounding air. Whatever the Temp of the tent (or room) is, there will be the temp of the soil, give or take a degree for Bacteria breakdown. and some know little about dead soil that is just laying there. Couple years maybe Doctor Oz will explain more on his afternoon show :joy: hahahaha man alive i’m tired of being stuck at home and this sore butt from my wifes horse is Killing me. Puff Puff …Come Late March this HGCC Gorilla Glue #4 Fem. (4th Full Day since popped out of soil) and her sisters will go some purple

:confounded: my wife is calling them the Election Day Girls :v:

What’s the mix? What have you found early on to get them to thrive the best? Do you plant directly into 5 gallon buckets?
Happy Growing! Enjoy those election day girls :smile:

Chris, Sorry for stepping in, same to you Bill
Many people place their seedlings directly in to their final grow area. I , and others, use smaller containers and transplant later…here is why:
When you place a seedling in a 5 gal bucket, there is SO MUCH SOIL space that you wind up watering a 5 gal pail for a 1 inch plant. You flush the nutrients OUT of your soil and if you are adding nutes, you are increasing the salt buildup in the soil. There is also the train of thought that small plants like to be a little root crowded, they develop the ROOT BALL quicker and that leads to a larger plant, harvest, bud size down the road
Choice is yours but I thought you might like a different thought process

3 Likes

@Mrb53004 I always start my plant in the final pot to cut back on soil and amendment usage. If you follow watering practices like you would for a tree there is no water waste or leaching.

Just water in a circle around the edges of the leaves until the leaves cover the whole pot and then you can water the entire pot.

It works pretty good for me.

3 Likes

That is why I said “Many people place their seeds directly into the final grow area”
Just a matter of opinion.
I have never placed an auto tent grown seedling in the final container. When I grow outside, I do. When I grew hydro, I planted in rockwool and the rockwool cubes fit inside each other. Seedling into 4" or 6" cube, into 8" or 12" cubes. In my tent, I do not. I will be starting photo’s soon, in my tent, in 1 gal containers and transplant outdoors when the temps / daylight is right.
Sometimes when I am growing auto, I keep certain plants, based on observed growth, in smaller containers. Some I leave in 1 gal fabric, others I transplant to 2/3 and even 5 gal. It serves my purpose and I maximize my grow area based on choices. If I plant everything in 5 gal (my preferred auto container for an auto that shows promise), I limit my tent space. I like diverse strains and sometimes I’m only testing a strain so I do not want to waste a 5 gal container or the space it requires. I grow a 1 or 2 gal and if I like it, next time around it gets preference
If I had unlimited tent space, well…that would be wonderful. Outdoors, I plant photo period in minimum 40liter pails and some in 50L. I plant some auto’s in my garden with my veggies, herbs and spices / flowers. It is nice to have choices, aye?

3 Likes

@Mrb53004 i grow low heat and cheap for Trichomes :v: plants grow roots, stem, leaves, nodes and buds. i force Extra Trichomes using only 80 Total Watts

i Always plant in the Soil

1 Like

This is legitimate. May I please have specifics now on the type of chains and lights to attach and how they are attached? I appreciate your specific pictures very much. :v:t2:

Looks like he got it from a S&M room…they must have shut down during the pandemic :rofl:
If it works, go for it. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it

1 Like

So, you are saying there is no difference? I’m laughing and serious at the same time.

1 Like

@kmac03 Big Difference is Our Bill in Electricity for 6 Tents or 16 plants each grow is $24.00 Dollars a month, my other hobbies such as Hunting and Guns well they take money to

Runt is the only plant in the seed tent in case i find a reason for more space :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Puff Puff on Last Grow

3 Likes

Those are some spendy hobbies, too. So is gardening, apparently. :crazy_face:

@kmac03 Woops, i forgot the wifes Garden and :confounded: Fall Out that’s Every Years and that’s all i’m saying about that cuz Can Corn and No Blisters or Sore Back is Fine for me :laughing:

1 Like