Cloning Results

Bruce Banner Auto. Maybe the fast version. There was a bit of confusion on the seed. Friend thought it was old school (photo period) Banner from a crop last year. But it was definitely the auto version.

Deep water culture. Simple. Five gal bucket with airstone. General Hydroponics Flora Series 3 part. (Great stuff BTW!). Plus CalMag and Hydroguard from Botanicare That’s it. Manage the pH and water temp and it was magic. My first time with DWC in decades of experience. I was amazed.

Plants were short and stocky with multiple branching. Finished about 24” tall and 20” wide with at least 20 branches that would make a lot of people proud as a cola. Base was nearly 2” in diameter. 11.25 Oz dried flower from 2 plants. Amazing.

12 cuttings were taken at 6 weeks, just as flowering was ready to kick off. All 12 rooted. Vigorous and healthy. The transition from aeroponic clone chamber to DWC was a non event. The plants did not even notice.

The mothers were harvested over weeks 14 to 16. Beautiful thick healthy buds of great purple colors dipped in powdered sugar and smelling of something quite funky.

The clones developed perfectly. Not quite as robust as the mothers as to branching. Probably about 80% of yield compared to moms. But beautiful colors and dipped in powdered sugar just like mom. Clones were given the same nutrient schedule as the moms.

Has anyone else had this type of experience? I’ve done clones. I’ve done autos. I’ve done Bruce Banner. But this was first experience with autos and cloning. And DWC. All I can say is WOW!

2 Likes

I have not tried cloning yet, I wasn’t sure you could even do it with autos, very cool.

You can clone anything but the autoflower cuttings inherit the age of the mother not the seeding/veg stage you would obviously be hoping to obtain.

1 Like