Clones are available where?

Where do you get clones?

The best way is to grow your own photoperiods, I understand in some states you can buy them from other people. Guess it depends on your level of education and willingness to research.

Some dispensaries sell them, other growers: i usually during defoil i clip lower nodes throw in large cup of water: once trim is done i strip the bottom leafs put in a cup of soil.

if you were nearby i would give you a couple clippings

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I wish I would have asked this before harvesting my 1 plant!!

1 Like

It’s fun and easy to make clones. They are a byproduct of plant care. Top a plant, make a clone. Trim a plant, make clones. Give them away. Then you’ll have the answer to “Clones are available where?” It’ll be you.:seedling:

1 Like

Absolutely! I am not aware of any growers near by: i am sure their around but not to my knowledge! I would love to trade, share ect :100:

1 Like

I put some trimmings from my garden in a shot cup on the window seal and Bam they started rooting. I used filtered water and changed it out every couple days. Could not have been easier and had to throw away some because I didn’t want to have that many plants.

2 Likes

Yes i found that some are so easy you can just clip and stick in soil. No dome nothing special and they take off! Others you can do alot and it still doesn’t make it! But having more survive than you can use is a Good place to be! You can keep the strongest or structure. :yin_yang::ballot_box_with_check::peace_symbol:

1 Like

my first was struggling once I put it in soil by following your advice. I took it out of the shotglass of water it was drinking and then put it in soil and it started to wilt and die. I have since realized i needed to soak the soil not water and now it is making a huge comeback. Next time I may just keep it in the water till it roots…first time but I haven’t lost a plant yet, nor a seed except for the ones that wouldn’t germinate after 3 years

2 Likes

Good save! I have some not make it and some do for me: some clippings have more will to live: takes about 2 weeks before its rooted any thing can happen in that time: i take many when i am about to flip! A few may survive! At that stage those clippings would go into the compost bin if i didn’t play and learn from them. I will not have the tent avail for 9-10 weeks::100:

all good but the way you made it sound all i needed was some soil lol…I cannot comment further for beginners other than the fact that the clipping needed way more water than a seedling and I was trying to handle it that way. Quickly realizing that it was drinking the heck out of the water when it was just in water so it made me think i was underwatering and started saturating the soil with water to overrun which I never do. We live and we learn. I have nothing to do with it other than put it in my auto tent to veg…as the other 4 x 4 I have will be completely consumed by the only photo I have, which is currently at week 10. Flipping soon.

I gave both scenarios the one where you used water and dome in soil and one where you had to water the soil and then just stick it in the soil no dome! I use both methods both work! I share info that i have learned that works for me! I am in a tropical zone, what works for me may not work for you! Each plant can clone with its own difficulties. What works with one genetics may not work with all: i have multiple clones alive using both methods :yin_yang::ballot_box_with_check::100::peace_symbol:

she was domed and misted: she turned the corner! these i just wet soil and stuck them into the soil! 3 days ago! They haven’t turned the Corner yet but they are on their way! I may loose a couple but i only need 3 to preserve the genetics so i can make another run with these genetics in a couple of months when the harvest is complete. Do you fee me Hans?

1 Like

yeah but you make no mention of watering…that is what threw me… don’t just say stick em in soil whatever…it doesn’t work bro. I don’t loose any, that is how I play the game…since day one I haven’t made enough mistakes to loose any plants for the most part…I think out of 70 plants starting from germination I have lost only 7
so maybe 10 percent loss being real. I would say that is pretty good. Nothing less than 3 oz a plant.

I believe all plants deserve a chance and i make it so, no deaths on my watch

I did mention water, Hans. But you being the all knowing guru if i didn’t you should have known that! I am on here to share knowledge not compete with anyone: i started out with fox farm soil and nute line up! I grew plants that smoked well and great quality: i switched from FF nutes because i found a easier method with with using Roots - nute trio: simular to jacks 3-2-1. Everyone doesn’t have the same goals or methods. :100::ballot_box_with_check::yin_yang:

1 Like

Rooting hormones help a lot. I scrape the outer green from the botty inch of the cutting, dip in hormone, then stick into dirt that has been saturated with water. I bottom heat with a heat pad and put under a dome with some soft light 18/6. Once there is new growth, they’re ready.

1 Like