Caterpillars ate my flowers

It was laughter at what Rye said, I just neglected to hit reply to his comment. I once saw someone stick a hose down their pants and blind themselves because they didn’t follow his instruction above.

2 Likes

The caterpillars they come from little white butterfly everyone thinks they are pretty but they looking for a good plant to lay there eggs they bad news

1 Like

I dont know about anyone else, but this has been a really bad year with moths where I live. I had an infestation of those same caterpillars a few years ago and lost half my crop. Its heart breaking. I’ve gone to using nature and using Lady bugs and praying mantis to get rid of the eggs left from any moths, and they’re good for mites and any soft bodied bug like aphids. If it’s that late into budding, I wouldn’t use the BT. Your best bet is to go through and pick and many of those buggers off as you can. And keep going through two or three times a day. I’ve seen them eat into the stem of the plant and destroy everything north of that spot. It sux. Its a good thing you caught it tho.

2 Likes

Three week update after the carnage… 3 treatments of BT and have not seen a single caperpillar. I saved all the flowers I could on PUI2 and let her go. Fan leaves all yellowed slowly and removed to show her long thin frame. Stems are broadening and turning purple as well as the leaf tips.

All the signs are there, she is about 8 weeks into flower and showing a little amber…

5 Likes

@RandomNirvana Beautiful Site! great work you did

Awesome. Glad you saved her. Great job.

1 Like

Beautiful plant great job

1 Like