Can you have multiple harvest?

Can you have multiple harvest with an auto flowering plant? Meaning having the same auto flowering plant produce buds again, is there a method? Since it flowers on any light cycle.

1 Like

Hi Edward!

Welcome to Homegrown forum!

I’m unsure of your question, but I think you are asking can you have staggered harvests? You sure can. You can have as many plants going as you would like. I guess the question is, how busy do you want to be? :slight_smile:

I hope you have a great rest of the day!

1 Like

I took the question to mean, can he have more than 1 harvest from the same plant. As in harvest, return the plant to veg and then flower a 2nd time. English is weird.

3 Likes

I’m attempting a re-veg now. Ha! Synchronicities are cool.

Thanks for y’alls patience with deciphering, my brain wires get tangled sometimes.

1 Like

I know u can reveg a photo, but with the auto I think it’s one and done, bc it automatically completes its life cycle regardless of light schedule…the reason u can re veg a photo is bc u can change its actions with the light schedule

3 Likes

You can’t reveg an auto. Due to the ruderalis genes it has a built in genetic timer to flower, seed, and then die.

Photos on the other hand can be put back in veg to be mothers after flowering if you leave a decent amount of foliage/fan leaves on them after only harvesting the flower. This is a high stress technique though so you need to be extremely careful and put it back under low light that you would use for seedlings and germination at 18/6.

3 Likes

You can get multiple harvests from growing autos from seed though. 2 to 4 per year depending on the climate, lighting, and flowering time. Autos take at max 3 months to germinate, veg, and flower. So if you grow indoor with climate control you can get 4 harvests per year. Out door 2, maybe 3 maximum if you’re in an area that doesn’t get too hot or cold. Outdoor during the winter you won’t get a very good yield though if the frost doesn’t kill them because they don’t get enough light to grow big and strong.

1 Like