Can leds and flourescent lights be used together

Im using 4ft t5 400 watt flourescent lights and knowing I need more or better usable light I was wanting to add a set of led full spectrum lamps in the lower part to get more usable light to my girls. I’m wandering can my flourescents be used in tandem at the same with the full spectrum led lights all through my adventure, or could it have some unwanted side effects? Like light shock or morphing. New to the tent and auto side but very interested. All help is respected and appreciated. Thanks for everyone and all your support

2 Likes

T5 are good for seedlings and clones but if you want a good grow I’d use a full spectrum led without the T5. Just use the T5 light bar for clones and seedlings then put them under the full spectrum led when you’re ready to veg and flower.

3 Likes

You could use the led for top lighting and use the t5 for side lighting if there’s enough room. :v::sunglasses:

3 Likes

Use the t5’s for side lighting, to give light to those leaves & buds that u would normally remove. The LED should be used above the canopy.
I have not tried it yet, but more than a few people have tried it with good success.
:v:t6: :eyeglasses:

1 Like

I tried that. Moved the t5’ to the sides with my leds above. Created temp issues. The cost of cooling negated the benefits of side lighting. LST and supercropping was more than enough to increase strength and size

Then again, it is just my opinion. What the heck do I know?

1 Like